Symphony is the premiere notation app and notepad for professional musicians, composers, and students alike, allowing to you create anything from piano sheet music to large orchestrations directly on your iPhone.
The Pencil tool allows you to tap anywhere on the canvas to quickly add notes and chords with the multi-staff & multi-voice editor. Powerful editing features like vertical drag to transpose and On-Screen piano lets you compose even more quickly.
Switch to the other Select tool to highlight one or more notes to modify duration, transpose, erase, cut, or paste multiple tracks & bars anywhere you want.
To hear your performance, choose from 100+ acoustic instruments available for live, low-latency, multi-track playback. Import an existing Symphony/SP project or a MIDI/XML file to bring your music collection to life, with an interactive score display & interface optimized for the small screen.
To send your work to a different editor or to a sheet music viewer, Symphony can print your score with AirPrint, share it as a PDF attachment, or as a MIDI, MusicXML, or audio file to DropBox and iCloud Drive.
• Write notes using direct touch, an on-screen instrument, a MIDI input device, or even a QWERTY keyboard
• Notate beautifully formatted chord charts & lead sheets using the Chord Symbol and Lyric tools.
• Import MusicXML, MIDI, MXL, or Symphony files
• Export as a PDF, MusicXML, MIDI, AAC, or Symphony file
• Print the score from your iPad with AirPrint
• Edit grace notes and percussion/drum set notation
• Intuitive score and document navigation
• Up to 15 instruments, 45 staves, 4 voices/layers per score
• Record MIDI to notation in real-time using a click track
• Backup & sync scores with iCloud
• Edit tablature and standard music notation
• Large selection of articulations & dynamics in the Expressions menu
• Copy/Paste function can select multiple measures & staves, and cut single or multiple voices/layers
• Unlimited undo and redo
• Customizable stem directions & note beaming
• Transposing instruments & concert pitch options
• Change tempo or clef at any point in the score
• Stream audio or share your screen wirelessly with AirPlay
• Advanced document management support
• Customizable part groupings for SATB and instrument families
• Customizable chord symbol, lyric, and annotation font
• Loop playback between a region selection
For more info, please visit:
• Product overview: http://symphonypro.net/iphone
• Ask support questions by visiting forums.symphonypro.net
• Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/symphonyapp
• Symphony iPhone is now a paid app before download:
– Free Edition users who have never upgraded can now enable Symphony: Full Edition by rating or reviewing the app
- iOS 13 fixes
- Dark mode support
- General bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Very unstable !! Release 4.2.40 on ipad air
I was looking forward to an update of this app because i use it quite a lot and I expected improvements, which to a large extend turned out to indeed be included. Printing improved but is still far from good. Most disappointing is that the app is very unstable on my ipad. When I select some measures for copyying the app crashes.
do not buy
Like after the last update it keeps reminding me there is an update available (which I just installed). New after this update: it keeps switching from vertical to horizontal view for no apparent reason.
Lastly I cannot restore to the full version I purchased in march 2017 and the app freezes everytime on changing a note value.
Support is not responding yet.
No response on email, no support at all.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Xenon Labs, LLC
- 292.1 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Xenon Labs, LLC
- € 5,99
- In-App Purchases
- Full Edition: Unlimited Projects & Exporting € 0,00