Vesper is a simple and elegant tool for collecting notes, ideas, things to do — anything you want to remember. Organize your notes whatever way comes naturally to you, without complications. Vesper's focus is on how it feels to use.
• Use tags to group related notes.
• Attach photos.
• Drag and drop notes to reorder them — move important ones up, other ones down.
• Swipe a note to send it to the archive. Out of sight, but remembered forever.
• Keep notes backed up with Vesper Sync.
Q Branch is closing down, and Vesper will no longer be developed. Here’s what that means for you, as a Vesper user:
• You can no longer create new sync accounts.
• The sync server will go offline, permanently, at 8:00 PM Pacific on August 30, 2016.
• Upon shutdown, we will be destroying all sync data on our server. It will not be recoverable by us or anyone else. IMPORTANT: The notes and data stored by Vesper on your device will not be destroyed — only the data on the sync server.
• Vesper itself will be removed from the App Store on September 15.
• Vesper now has an Export feature. You’ll find it at the bottom of the sidebar. You do not need a sync account to export your notes. You can export to iCloud Drive, Dropbox (if you have Dropbox installed on your iOS device), or any other destination provided by an app with a Document Provider extension.
• Each note is exported to a plain text file. Images are exported as well.
We three at Q Branch — Dave, John, and Brent — are greatly appreciative of everyone who has used and said good things about Vesper. We love this app. But the time has come to say goodbye. We thank you, sincerely, for your support and enthusiasm.
Ratings and Reviews
Vooral de snelle animatie van het menu. Voelt gewoon prettig. Stevige app!
Well thought out note taking app
Really like the ideas behind Vesper: simple to create, organize & archive notes. I believe a Mac app is on the way (?) and it's great that it works on all iOS devices and syncs between them. Good work!
Pretty, but needs work
A well-made app, by the looks of it, but it does need some work. Right now there is no way for the user to export their data, let alone an iCloud based continuous sync feature, to keep your notes safe if your phone should get lost. A companion desktop app would be a boon too.
Will the app be responsive enough with large numbers of notes?
The icon looks nice for about an hour, then begins to annoy. It's too simple, really. And it doesn't make sense. Then again, neither does the name (or maybe I'm missing a clue here).
I'll give four stars when continuous sync (and data freedom) arrives. Markdown support, a better icon and internal links would result in a fifth star.
All in all, though, for a 1.0 release it's a nice piece of work. I expect to be using this app daily.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.