The WHO e-Pocketbook provides up-to-date, evidence-based clinical guidelines for children requiring hospital care. It is the electronic version of the widely used Pocket book of Hospital Care for Children (Blue Pocketbook).
Designed for doctors, nurses and other health workers responsible for the care of children, these guidelines focus on the management of major causes of childhood mortality in developing countries, including:
• Neonatal illness, including low birth weight, prematurity, sepsis, perinatal asphyxia, and congenital anomalies
• Pneumonia and other breathing problems, including bronchiolitis, asthma and tuberculosis
• Diarrhoea, acute and chronic
• Fever, including malaria, meningitis, septicaemia and rheumatic fever
• Severe acute malnutrition
• Surgical problems, including trauma and burns
The app includes guidance on the stages of management for every child: Triage and Emergency treatment, History and Examination, Laboratory investigations, Supportive care and Monitoring, Discharge planning and Follow-up.
With this WHO e-Pocketbook of Hospital Care for Children app, all guidelines can be viewed offline and will be updated regularly.
This app has been developed by the World Health Organisation, The Royal Children’s Hospital Melbourne, the University of Melbourne and Murdoch Children’s Research Institute.
- The Royal Children's Hospital
- 44.9 MB
Vereist iOS 6.0 of nieuwer. Compatibel met iPhone, iPad en iPod touch.
- Beoordeeld 12+ vanwege:
- Soms/Milde medische/behandelingsinformatie
- © World Health Organization
Delen met gezin
Tot zes gezinsleden kunnen deze app gebruiken als Delen met gezin staat ingeschakeld.