WHAT IS APPWRITER?
AppWriter is the first text editor for the iPad to offer users of all ages with reading and writing disabilities the necessary tools for unlocking a world of information.
AppWriter is packed with incredible assistive features. All tools and features are seamlessly integrated and comprise context based word suggestions, text-to-speech, integrated PDF-reader, OCR and the special Dyslexie-font.
AppWriter comes with several different languages. Users may choose to install 3 languages, and they can choose between:
- American English
- Australian English
- British English
High quality synthetic voices ensure a great user experience. Different reading strategies cover many of the typical use cases.
Choose between different reading strategies:
- Read from cursor position
- Read selection of text
- Read sentence by sentence
- Read words as you type
Stunning visual tools even highlight the text as it is being read aloud.
The integrated PDF-reader will allow you to open any OCR-processed PDF-file in AppWriter and have it read aloud with color highlighting. You can also annotate a PDF-file with word prediction.
AppWriter contains a word prediction feature. Word prediction enables you to develop your writing skills by providing the tools to construct sentences with ease. Context based word suggestions will allow you to produce high quality work and reduce the time it takes to do so.
AppWriter predicts the word you want to use next. This means that you will be less likely to make grammatical or spelling errors.
Word prediction is available with the ability to hear each word before selection.
We introduce a unique profile.
- If you create a new profile in AppWriter, you get access to your own user dictionary, read aloud features and phonetic spelling.
- When you are online, your profile will automatically sync between all AppWriter platforms
- Your Profile is always accessible from any device with AppWriter installed. As long as you have internet connection, you can log out of AppWriter on one device and log in to AppWriter on another device, and your profile will then automatically synchronize your dictionary and your phonetic spelling to that device. If you are not online, changes to your profile will synchronize when you are online again.
The Dyslexie font is another great feature in AppWriter. The specific characteristics of the Dyslexie font make it easier for people with dyslexia to distinguish the individual letters. This reduces the number of reading errors as well as the effort it takes to read the text.
How do you manage the created documents? It can be emailed, copied to clipboard for use in another app, send as an iMessage, directly to Twitter or exported to Dropbox or Google Docs.
AppWriter is an all-in-one assistive technology tool. It is available on many different platforms and devices.
- Small UI updates
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Wizkids A/S
- 127.9 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Norwegian Bokmål, Swedish
- Age Rating
- © 2013 Wizkids A/S
- In-App Purchases
- AppWriter 329,00 kr
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.