Clarify is a dictionary app for your iPhone/iPad that offers:
- Instant access to trusted dictionary and language resources
- More than 30 different languages
- Access to 700 dictionaries
- Instant look up in selected quality internet resources
- An ideal app for all language learning and language interpretation
- Text to speech (optional)
- Translation (optional)
*** 600 000 users in more than 200 countries ***
*** More than 200 000 FEIDE users ***
The app is free, but the organisation you are connected to (i.e. educational institution, company, municipality etc), need a subscription agreement (SaaS) with Clarify AS in order to access the service. Login by organisations domain (e-mail) or FEIDE, if applicable. Download the free app today to enjoy the easy and reliable language service provided by Clarify AS.
What we do
Clarify provide blended dictionary packages (“playlists”) for a predefined need such as grade / skill level / language interest / profession.
Clarify will, in a convenient way, help the user to learn, interpret and communicate better either in your native language or a foreign language. With Clarify you look up a word and get translations, definitions, word class, explanations, examples, phrases, grammatical information, antonyms and synonyms and also an audio presentation. Subject to the dictionary package / dictionary chosen.
All content is from trusted resources and publishers such as Collins, Merriam Webster, KDictionaries, CappelenDamm, Fagbokforlaget, Det norske Samlaget and several more.
Languages and content
Clarify provides high quality dictionaries between the following languages: Arabic, Bengali, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, English (US), Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latin, Malayalam, Norwegian Bokmål & Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Latin America), Russian, Sami, Spanish, Spanish (Latin America), Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Thai, Turkish and Vietnamese! In addition we provide Norwegian sign language. We provide bilingual and monolingual dictionaries and also terminology for law, medical and technical themes.
Get started The default setting access the most common European languages, you may expand which languages you wish to search to and from. Add languages by clocking the drop down and then mark languages of interest.
How to perform a search
1) Simply type the word in the language you wish to look up, click “Done” or the magnifying glass icon, and the app will display hits in the languages selected by you.
2) Hot key - perform a search direct from text in your display, mark the word you wish to look up and scroll to the iOS “Share with function”. Then the dictionary definitions will pop up.
3) Search from a language to the same (monolingual) or a different language (bilingual).
4) Tap the arrows in order to swap language to and from.
5) To perform a monolingual language search just select the same language from and to.
References to the specific sources are always included.
- Fix logout issue
- Improve error handling if app failed to load
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Appen gir gode og korrekte oversettelser, men "klikker" ganske ofte
i luuv refridgerators
It is not very good
IT is not very good
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Clarify AS
- 2.7 MB
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Clarify Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.