External Editors For Photos adds an extension to the OS X Photos application that allows you to edit your photos with any image editor on your Mac. To see how it works watch the screencast on my website.
- Edited images are saved back to Photos immediately and your original photos are updated in place.
- All metadata will be preserved.
- Open your imported RAW files with your favorite RAW-Converter and replace it with your edited version.
- No data lost: You can always revert back to your original files.
- Works even in your book-projects.
- Edited Photos will sync across all your devices.
- To use the extension find a picture in Photos and double-click
- Click the Edit button in the upper right window corner
- Select the Extensions from the icon bar on the right.
- Pressing Enter in the photo overview is a shortcut to switch directly into Photos edit mode.
- Also, you can paste or drag any image into the picture frame within the extension.
Please note that High Sierra's Photos app now has this feature build-in. Only buy External Editors For Photos if you need more than the build-in functionality provides.
- Manage your own list of favorite image editors and add any editor you like
- Convert images to TIFF or JPEG before opening, so you can edit your RAW images with more editors
- Copy images to a folder on your disk and use it as the starting point for your custom workflow
- Replace images with files from your disk with a single click
Ratings and Reviews
Love this extension! I use it to get Google nic collection access to iphoto and some other editors that aren’t available as native extensions. Just perfect.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.