Have your children learn to write with this colorful app on the iPad! This educative app helps children recognize and learn to write both letters & numbers, stimulated with the sensation of a game-like experience. The development of this app has been done in consultation with pedagogical specialists with the objective to encourage children to learn. The app can be used inside or outside the classroom.
This educational game takes the child through a series of different exercises. Each exercise requires the child to outline the shape of a letter or number by following the arrows indicated on the touch screen. On every successfully completion the child is awarded a reward (much like a tick in the box, only here it’s a butterfly!). This is repeated 5 times and thereafter the child continues to the next exercise. To ensure that children stay engaged the exercises are grouped and offer various combinations of numbers, letters, capital letters and letter combinations. On completion of every group of exercises the child earns a fun sticker. There are a total of eight stickers to collect.
Children can use either their finger or a special (stylus) pen to do the exercises on the touch screen. The use of the pen is encouraged seen as this way the child not only learns the letters & numbers but also how to physically hold and write with a pen, which in turn develops their motor skills.
• Learning to recognize & write letters and numbers in a fun way
• Optimized for the Retina display of the new iPad!
• Contains 76 exercises which offer various combinations of numbers, letters, capital letters and letter combinations
• Reward system with stickers of different animals on completion of every exercise
• Children can use either their finger or a special (stylus) pen
• Ergonomically designed so that the child can rest their wrist on the screen when writing
• Teachers can follow progress and get detailed insight into the results of students with Brightcenter
The Brigthcenter is an environment where teachers can follow progress, get insight into the results, and get an overview of the interests of the students. The main functionality of Brightcenter is:
• Multiple children can individually learn on one tablet
• Detailed results per learning area and needs
• Cloud based, platform and device independent
For more information, see www.brightcenter.nl
Tip: Disable "Multitasking gestures" by going to Settings > General > Multitasking gestures.
To rest your wrist on the screen make sure that the "Multitasking gestures" are disabled. This feature of the iPad makes it easy to switch quickly between applications using four fingers. Unfortunately this feature prevents the game to function properly when a child touches the screen with his or her wrist.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
This version supports Brightcenter 2.0
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.