macOS Catalina gives you more of everything you love about Mac. Experience three all-new media apps: Apple Music, Apple TV and Apple Podcasts. Locate a missing Mac with the new Find My app. And now coming to Mac, your favourite iPad apps. You can even extend your desktop using iPad as a second display. Now you can take everything you do above and beyond.
• Stream and download over 50 million songs with an Apple Music subscription.
• Access the iTunes Store to purchase songs or albums.
• Find all the music you’ve purchased, downloaded or imported from CDs organised in the improved library.
• Buy or rent the latest movie releases.
• Subscribe to Apple TV channels to watch popular shows on demand and ad-free, online or off.
• Start watching on one device and pick up where you left off on any of your other devices, including Apple TV, iPhone, iPad and compatible smart TVs.
• Find podcasts by title, topic, guest, host and content.
• Begin listening to an episode on your Mac, then seamlessly resume on your iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch when you’re on the go.
Syncing and backup
• Sync content and back up, update and restore software from the Finder when you connect your iPhone or iPad to your Mac.
App Store with Apple Arcade
• Play 100+ groundbreaking new games with one subscription — no ads or additional purchases.
• Browse the latest games, personalised recommendations and exclusive editorial content in the all-new Arcade tab on the App Store.
• Enjoy games across iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Mac and Apple TV.
• Enjoy a new class of Mac apps built from your favourite iPad titles.
• Expand your Mac workspace by using your iPad as a second display.
• Place one app on each screen, or put your main canvas on your Mac and your tools and palettes on your iPad.
• Use Apple Pencil for tablet input when using your favourite creative pro Mac apps.
Continuity Sketch and Markup
• Create a sketch on your iPad or iPhone and insert it into any document on your Mac.
• Use your iPad or iPhone to sign a PDF or mark up a screenshot on your Mac.
• Control your Mac entirely with your voice using Voice Control.
• Enable Hover Text to display large, high-resolution text in a dedicated window.
• Zoom in closely on one screen when using two displays for improved legibility with Zoom Display.
• Feel secure knowing that the apps you use have been checked by Apple for known malware.
• Authorise access to data when apps request it using new data protections.
• Keep track of your devices and find friends and family with an easy-to-use new app.
• Help locate devices even if they’re not connected to Wi-Fi or cellular.
• Use Activation Lock to protect Mac models with the Apple T2 Security Chip.
• Enjoy a new immersive, dynamic experience that showcases your best photos and memories.
• View Memory Movies and edit their duration, mood and title.
• Browse using an updated start page that surfaces sites from your history, bookmarks, reading list, iCloud Tabs and even links sent to you in Messages.
• Help secure your accounts using strong passwords suggested by Safari.
• View notes as visual thumbnails in gallery view.
• Enjoy a more powerful search that recognises text in items you’ve scanned and objects within images.
• Share an entire folder of notes using shared folders.
• Use new edit buttons to add dates, locations, flags, attachments and more to reminders.
• Keep track of upcoming reminders with smart lists that automatically organise and display your reminders.
• Take control of your inbox by muting a thread, blocking a sender or unsubscribing from a mailing list.
• Gain insight into time spent using apps and websites and set usage limits.
• Set up Family Sharing to use Screen Time with your family’s devices.
The macOS Catalina 10.15.2 update improves the stability, reliability and performance of your Mac.
This update adds the following features:
• New layout for Apple News+ stories from The Wall Street Journal and other leading newspapers
• Get links to related stories or more stories from the same publication at the end of an article
• “Breaking” and “Developing” labels for Top Stories
• Stories from Apple News are now available in Canada in English and French
This update also includes the following bug fixes and improvements:
• Restores the column browser view for managing the music library
• Resolves an issue that may prevent album artwork from appearing
• Fixes an issue that may reset music equaliser settings during playback
• Adds support for using an iPhone or iPad to remotely control the Music and TV apps on a Mac
• Resolves an issue that may cause some AVI and MP4 files to appear as unsupported
• Fixes an issue that prevents newly created folders from appearing in Albums view
• Addresses an issue where manually sorted images in an album may be printed or exported out of order
• Fixes an issue that prevents the zoom-to-crop tool from working in a print preview
• Addresses an issue that may cause Mail Preferences to open with a blank window
• Resolves an issue that may prevent using undo from retrieving deleted mail
• Improves the reliability of syncing books and audiobooks to your iPad or iPhone through Finder
• Fixes an issue where reminders may be out of order in the Today smart list in the Reminders app
• Resolves an issue that may cause slow typing performance in the Notes app
Ratings and Reviews
- Apple Distribution International
- 4.9 GB
OS X 10.9 or later
English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Apple, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.