Researchers at Monash University have developed the low FODMAP diet and a corresponding app to assist in the management of gastrointestinal symptoms associated with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). The Monash University FODMAP diet works by swapping foods high in fermentable carbohydrates (FODMAPs), with low FODMAP alternatives. Around 75% of people with IBS experience symptom relief on a low FODMAP diet.
The app comes directly from the research team at Monash and includes the following:
- General information about the FODMAP diet and IBS.
- Easy to understand tutorials to guide you through the app and the 3-Step FODMAP diet.
- A Food Guide detailing the FODMAP content for hundreds of foods using a simple 'traffic light system'.
- A list of branded products that have been certified by Monash as low FODMAP.
- A collection of over 70 nutritious, low FODMAP recipes.
- Functions that allow you to create your own shopping list and add notes to individual foods
- A Diary that enables you to record food eaten, IBS symptoms, bowel habits and stress levels. The Diary will also guide you through step 2 of the diet - FODMAP reintroduction.
- The ability to adjust units of measurement (metric or imperial) and activate colour blindness assistance.
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Can you not Search for food items with the New update?
Developer Response ,
Yes you can. Go to guide section and just pull down the list and the search bar will appear on top for you to perform search. Thanks for your feedback
It’s just a list. The same list one can find on google. Loads of regular foods missing.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, thank you for your feedback. Sorry to hear that you are disappointed with the app, the Monash University FODMAP app holds the largest and most up-to-date FODMAP database in the world. Foods included in the app have been tested for FODMAP content by researchers at Monash and we are regularly updating the app with new foods. If you have suggestions of foods you'd like to see tested, please email your suggestions to email@example.com and we can add them to our wish list. All the best, Monash FODMAP
I m extremely satisfied with this app! Wonderful!
- Monash University
- 210.8 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2012 Monash University
- 85,00 kr
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.