Exercise more effectively and evaluate your progress with scientific precision.
Getting results from workouts might be simpler than you think. Myworkout GO looks to the scientific consensus on physical exercise and cuts through the clutter of workout fads and overly complicated training routines. Instead, it focuses on what actually works and can be done by anyone.
At the heart of Myworkout GO, is a precise way of evaluating your physical fitness. By assessing the amount of work you can do during a regular high-intensity interval workout, the app calculates your maximal oxygen uptake (VO₂ max) and biological age. These are the most important measures of physical health we have today.
Your VO₂ max is reduced by an average of 1% every year after the age of 20. It is, however, possible with the right type and amount of exercise, to reach and stay at the same VO₂ max as an average 20-year-old (biological age of 20) until you are in your 80s. For most, just two 4-by-4-minute interval workout sessions a week is sufficient to achieve this. And if you combine it with strength training, you will further improve by increasing your work economy.
The app will guide you when performing a 4-by-4-interval workout. Just select the type, start the exercise, and follow the instructions.
• Use it outdoors, on treadmills or on exercise machines.
• Use it to track regular walks, runs, or exercises.
• Full workout log.
• Heart rate feedback *
• Weekly activity score.
• VO2max and biological age evaluation.
• Statistics and graphs.
• Heart rate guidance. *
• Exercise and instructional videos.
* Requires a compatible heart rate monitor.
The methods used by Myworkout GO are based on the 25 years of world renowned research from professors of medicine, Jan Hoff and Jan Helgerud, from the 2015 Nobel Prize winning Faculty of Medicine at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology – NTNU.
Patients with cardiovascular disease should consult a physician before engaging in high intensity interval training.
The app uses your phone's GPS to track your position during use. Continued usage of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- We have added a new place for your notifications. Look for it on the bottom right.
- If you tap on one of the points in the biological age or VO2max charts, it will now scroll to the correct activity in the log.
- The activity tracker will now report distance and speed in miles and miles per hour if that is your preferred units of measure.
- If you are using miles and pounds as units of measure, you will now see it as such in the workout details.
- We have fixed an issue with the voice messages at the end of a 4x4-workout.
- The keyboard will no longer be hidden when switching between input fields.
- Fix an issue where the workout details would not be shown after saving a workout.
Ratings and Reviews
Nice, but completely lacks Apple Watch support
Overall great application, but it would need Apple Watch support to reach it’s full potential. Having to register elevation gain and splits manually, weighs the whole experience down.
It does not support integrated Apple Watch heart rate detection, and falls short compared to Nike Run Club and Nike Training, which each have their own WatchOS apps and offer native heart rate support. WatchOS also has integrated support for VO₂ calculation via the Workout app on Apple Watch.
Testing was done using Apple Watch Nike+ GPS & iPhone XS Max.
Apple Watch støtte
Flott app. Skulle gjerne hatt støtte for Apple watch
Developer Response ,
Takk for tilbakemeldingen, vi har registrert ønsker fra flere på dette og vi ser på muligheter for å legge til støtte for det. Kan du si litt mer om på hvilken måte du kunne ønske at app'en fungerte med Apple Watch?
Should have Apple Watch app also
- Myworkout AS
- 82.4 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Norwegian Bokmål, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Myworkout AS
- In-App Purchases
- Premium version 44,00 kr
- Premium Monthly 44,00 kr
- Premium yearly 349,00 kr
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.