OpenVPN Connect is the official full-featured iPhone/iPad VPN client for the OpenVPN Access Server, Private Tunnel VPN, and OpenVPN Community, developed by OpenVPN Technologies, Inc.
* Easily import .ovpn profiles from iTunes, OpenVPN Access Server, Private Tunnel, or via a browser link.
* State-of-the-art power management technology minimizes battery usage.
* Support for multi-factor authentication using OpenVPN static and dynamic challenge/response protocols.
* Full IPv6 support (at both the tunnel and transport layer).
* uses mbedTLS (not affected by Heartbleed issue)
* Added Data Policy Agreement
* Added "Certificates" screen with the possibility to remove external certs
* Removed outdated "Network State detection" setting and enabled it by default
* Increased max length of inputs - username, hostname, etc.
* Added missed labels for Voice Over
* Fixed iOS 12 connectivity issues
* Fixed 'high battery usage' issue by reducing speed stats frequency. Now Speed Chart shows data with 10 sec interval
* Allowed empty password for certificates
* Added custom error messages for connection attempt without network available or proper certificate
* Disabled "Compression" by default (because it is insecure)
* Changed icons for "Edit Profile" and "Edit Proxy" buttons, and improved UX by increasing touch area
* Small UI improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Works just as expected.
Stable and does not drain power or cpu. Can definetly recommend this vpn client.
V3 works fine. Just had to reimport profiles again. Nice new design.
Update resets username in profile
UI is more fancy, but not important
Developer Response ,
Hello, could you please re-import profile you use and try again?
In case of failure could you please send log file of your connection to email@example.com? Thank you for response.
- OPENVPN TECHNOLOGIES, INC.
- 19.2 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © OpenVPN, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.