Official app of Redningsselskapet (RS) - the RS SafeTrx app allows you to register your vessel and plan your journey on your smartphone.
Registering vessel and trip information could not be any easier. Follow the registration process to start using the app. Finalise the registration in the website with the same login codes. Once your registration details have been saved, you can make your choice from the menu in the app. You may either plan and file your trip (Sail plan mode) or just activate the tracking function of the app (Track only mode).
For filing a planned trip choose your vessel, determine the end destination, calculate the ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival), enter the number of persons on board and the activity type. Then, using the built-in maps, select a starting point, an optional waypoint and the end destination. Once this is completed simply press the ‘start’ button when you are ready to start your trip.
Pressing ‘start’ in Sail plan mode or just pressing the start button in Track only mode will register the journey details with the RS server and will activate position reporting in the app. At regular intervals the app will send a position report to the server and your emergency contacts will be automatically alerted after the journey exceeds the ETA in Sail Plan mode.
At any stage during the trip you can end your trip, revise the ETA, number of people on board or the destination.
Use the SafeTrx app to:
- Improve maritime trip planning with your own personalised checklist to be included as part of your Sail Plan.
- Activate an Emergency or an Assistance call. (iPhone only)
- Quickly start your trip using the ‘Track only’ mode to begin tracking at a touch of a button. Change the recording interval to save on battery consumption when your track is in progress.
- Store up to 20 trips in your Mobile Logbook and replay trips within the app in video playback mode.
- Use the ‘Explorer’ tool to find nearby port information, VHF channels and lifeboat station information.
- View the live locations of RS rescue vessels through the RS lifeboat location tracker map feature.
- Receive maritime safety messages and marine notices directly from RS through the app and SMS messages.
- Access Maritime safety information when both online and offline.
- Manage profile, vessel, checklist and emergency contact within the app.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can considerably decrease battery life.
This application’s functionality and the information it contains are published on the understanding that end users are to apply their own knowledge and skills in the use of said application. Maritime safety is an extremely serious matter. In an emergency this application’s function and information are not meant to be relied on exclusively. In addition, other reliable information and help from third parties should be looked for and made use of. This application can provide valuable coordinates of the user’s position, as determined by the mobile device used and the GPS system. Mobile devices and their supporting telecommunication networks are, however, not reliable and there is a real chance of loss of connection between the mobile device and the mobile network and / or the GPS system. Nor is there any guarantee that the connection between your mobile device and mobile networks will be uninterrupted. The user hereby agrees to and accepts all risks involved in the use of this application.
This update includes changes to the Track Only mode tracking option. When setting up a Track Only trip, you now have the option of specifying whether or not you are on a vessel or craft. You also have the ability to choose from a list of activities in this mode.
Ratings and Reviews
Registrering i RS SafeTrx
Nye kart i appen, sikrer alltid oppdaterte kart. Det er viktig nå som Kystverket endrer merkingen rundt kysten.
Perfekt følgesvenn på sjøen
Grei måte å spore bevegelse. Og kunne dele med de som har behov/ ønske om å vite hvor du er
Meget nyttig app
Appen fungere veldig bra og er et nyttig verktøy på sjøen.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Other Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- REDNINGSSELSKAPET - NORSK SELSKAB TIL SKIBBRUDNES REDNING
- 60.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, German, Greek, Norwegian Bokmål, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2016 REDNINGSSELSKAPET
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.