Written by headteacher and best-selling writer Ali Dakin, SPaG Bronze is ideal for introducing your child to key spelling, punctuation and grammar concepts and phonics.
This resource maps to the National Curriculum for Key Stage 1, but may also help older children to consolidate their learning.
For Years 3, 4 and 5, see SPaG Silver.
For Year 6 and lower Key Stage 3, see SPaG Gold.
SPaG Bronze covers sounds, grammar, sentences, prefixes and suffixes, spelling and punctuation with lessons and quizzes for each topic, as well as over 300 audio spelling questions and over 180 activities. Beautiful picture flashcards help improve vocabulary and engagement, as well as enjoyment for learning.
SPaG Bronze uses nimbl technology to save your child's notes, activity answers and quiz scores. Quizzes are self-marking for instant feedback, and can be retaken multiple times so your child can improve their scores.
Once you've downloaded the app, you can access all content including audio offline, giving your child the freedom to learn on the go, any time, anywhere.
If you have login details from your school, download the nimbl library application instead.
• Sounds - including phonemes, graphemes and syllables
• Grammar - including parts of speech, comparatives and superlatives, prepositions, determiners and simple tenses
• Sentences - including sentence types, conjunctions and subject-verb agreement
• Prefixes and suffixes - including common prefixes and suffixes, word endings, spelling changes and consonant doubling.
• Spelling - including compounds, plurals, silent letters, graphemes and homophones.
• Punctuation - including basic punctuation, speech marks and contractions
• Mixed practice
Improved user interface, plus minor fixes to the way background images are displayed on some devices.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.