TRavelVU is a new way of collecting data for travel surveys by using the location features in your smartphone. This new method enables the collection of new types of travel data, and offers better trip precision compared to traditional survey methods.
Using TRavelVU you can track your daily trips and activities and see summaries of how far and by which mode you've travelled per day, week, and month. The contributed data will help civil planners to create a better transport system.
To use the app you can either participate in “Donate Data” or enrol in the specific survey you’ve been invited to participate in. Donate data is the right choice if you’re not participating in a particular survey.
The app uses GPS in the background while you are moving which has an impact on battery usage. In order to conserve battery, TRavelVU uses the accelerometer to pause the GPS-collection when you are not moving.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
* Updates to data collection and disables data collection automatically when you reach past the survey end date
* Warn if low power mode is active or if location is off
* Minor fixes and UI improvements
* Show tutorial video in the help menu
* Link to new support portal from help
* Remove old offline FAQ
* Support for electric scooter transport mode
- Trivector AB
- 36.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Norwegian, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2016 Trivector AB
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.