Featured by Apple as Best New App and App of the Day in 81 countries including the United States and part of App Store Permanent Collections in Education.
“This app is one of the best educational finds of my entire career.” - Forbes
“As a user myself and as a mother of a child with dyslexia, I am blown away by the features of Voice Dream.” - Quartz
“Voice Dream Reader is hailed by many as the best mobile text-to-speech (TTS) app.” - Examiner
Supported Document Formats
- PDF, Plain text, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, RTF, and Google Docs.
- Web articles.
- EPUB eBooks. (DRM-free books only. Kindle, iBooks and most commercial eBook platforms are not supported.)
- Bookshare Books.
- DAISY text-based books and audiobook.
- Audiobooks in MP3, MP4 or zipped MP3 format.
- Rich text and image support for all documents.
- One premium Acapela voice of your choice free with the purchase of the app.
- 36 built-in iOS voices in 27 languages are also available for free.
- 200+ additional premium voices in 30 languages from Acapela, NeoSpeech and Ivona available through in-app purchases.
- Correct pronunciation with your own pronunciation dictionary.
- All voices work offline and play in the background even with the screen locked.
- Tee-up a list of articles and play while you drive, walk or run.
- Spoken word is highlighted to improve comprehension and retention.
- Auto-scrolling and full screen, distraction-free mode to help reader focus.
- Finger reading. For beginners to read by at running a finger under each word.
- Pac-Man. Harvard and MIT developed speed-reading method for everyone to read at 2x speed with no loss of comprehension.
- High contrast and large font size for low vision readers.
- Optimized for VoiceOver, Braille and switch control.
- Bookmarking, text highlighting and annotation. Highlights and notes can be exported.
- Full-text search.
- Built-in dictionary.
- Skip text in PDF header and footer.
- Native support for Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud Drive, Pocket, Instapaper and Evernote.
- Native access to Bookshare.
- Safari extension to save Web pages and Web addresses.
- Support for Box and OneDrive via iOS Document Picker.
- Your entire library, including folders, reading locations, bookmarks and annotations are synchronized across all your devices using iCloud Drive.
- Bug fixes and minor enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
Perfekt for dyslektikere
Denne appen har en egen, veldig bra font for dyslektikere, og drøssevis av gode talesynteser.
Brukte denne appen mye på videregående og vil bruke den mye på NTNU de neste fem årene
Simply the best!!!
Truly the best app of it's kind! With it's capability of speaking ANY written text out loud, handling Daisy books, the vast variety of fantastic voices and it's newly added iCloud syncing option, it makes this my number one method of accessing, organizing and reading my books and texts for my university degree. I am visually impared, but this will be a great resource for people with normal vision. It has all you need to get by and navigate in many different ways, you choose your own custom settings, playlists, voice ontrols etc. It is DEFINITELY worth the moneu!!! Thank you for this app❤️
- Voice Dream LLC
- 150.2 MB
Requires iOS 11.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Voice Dream LLC 2019
- 159,00 kr
- In-App Purchases
- Kari (Acapela Norwegian Voice) 55,00 kr
- Olav (Acapela Norwegian Voice) 55,00 kr
- Ryan (Acapela US English Voice) 55,00 kr
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.