Up-to-date info to safely manage your abortion in 11 languages, includes a pregnancy calculator. Vetted by professionals. Works offline. We do not collect your data.
Get accurate, comprehensive, and user-friendly information on ending a pregnancy. Written in easy-to-understand and nonjudgmental language, the Safe Abortion app can also help people needing or giving post-abortion care. Free, discreet and small to download, this app includes 11 languages and works offline.
Use the pregnancy calculator to learn what options are available—including abortion with pills—by number of weeks. Helpful illustrations offer clear instructions on how to use abortion pills. Vetted by professionals and tested by health workers, Safe Abortion is trusted by reproductive health advocates and accompaniers worldwide. We do not collect any personal information so your health data will never be sold or shared.
INSIDE THE APP:
• Find clear and complete descriptions of safe abortion methods: abortion with pills, suction, and dilation and evacuation
• Get information on the correct doses for and ways to use misoprostol pills (with or without mifepristone) for medication abortions at different weeks
• Learn what to expect during and after an abortion, including how to respond to warning signs if they arise
• Prepare and plan for safely managing an abortion with a checklist, and find suggestions for how to care for your body and feelings
• Explore “for your country” information to find organizations that can help as well as links to relevant legal regulations
• Listen to information with the read aloud feature when using the app in English, Spanish or French
FAQs offer quick reference to other health information like how soon you can get pregnant after an abortion, whether an abortion can affect pregnancies in the future, when monthly bleeding resumes, what birth control methods are there if you do not want to become pregnant again, and other common questions about abortion.
Language choices in the app are Afaan Oromoo, Amharic, English, Español, Français, Igbo, Kinyarwanda, Kiswahili, Luganda, Português, and Yoruba. Change between all 11 languages at any time.
DISCREET. WORKS OFFLINE & SMALL TO DOWNLOAD
To be used by individuals, health workers, and advocates, Safe Abortion from Hesperian Health Guides is small to download (under 40mb) and designed to ensure user privacy.
• On your device the name beneath the app icon shows only as “SA”
• After downloading, Safe Abortion works fully offline without a data plan or internet access
• We do not collect any personal information!
The Safe Abortion App from Hesperian Health Guides complements and supports the work of activists, organizations and collectives who make sure people all over the world have access to safe abortion.
Minor content updates
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- The Hesperian Foundation
- 33.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, Amharic, French, Ganda, Igbo, Kinyarwanda, Oromo, Portuguese, Spanish, Swahili, Yoruba
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2018 Hesperian Health Guides