With the Wolfram Planets Reference App, you'll have access to real-time data on the eight major planets in the solar system, as well as dwarf planets and minor planets. Compute each planet's sky position, find out when it will rise next, and perform advanced calculations.
- Compute planets' orbital properties, including orbital period and distance from the Earth and Sun
- Learn about physical properties like radius, mass, rotation period, and number of moons
- Get information about a planet's atmosphere, including atmospheric pressure, average temperature, and major constituents
- See a map of the current solar system configuration and an image of the planet
- Find nearby sky objects, current sky position from your location, and next rise and set
- Find out which planets are visible from your current location or from any location
- Perform advanced physical astronomy computations using stationary orbits, escape velocity, and Kepler's third law
The Wolfram Planets Reference App is powered by the Wolfram|Alpha computational knowledge engine and is created by Wolfram Research, makers of Mathematica—the world's leading software system for mathematical research and education.
The Wolfram Planets Reference App draws on the computational power of Wolfram|Alpha's supercomputers over a 3G, 4G, or Wi-Fi connection.
- Bug fixes
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.