** Apple Mac App of the Year Winner **
Faster, smoother and more powerful than ever, Affinity Photo continues to push the boundaries for professional photo editing software. With a huge toolset specifically engineered for creative and photography professionals, whether you are editing and retouching images, or creating full-blown multi-layered compositions, it has all the power and performance you will ever need.
Performance and power:
• Live, real time editing
• Massive image support (100+ Megapixels)
• Panning and zooming is always live at 60fps
• Open, edit and save Photoshop® PSD files
• RGB, CMYK, Greyscale and LAB colour spaces
• Full 16 and 32-bit per channel editing
• Work with all standard formats like PNG, TIFF, JPG, GIF, SVG, EPS, EXR, HDR and PDF
• Full support for unlimited layers, layer groups, adjustment layers, filter layers and masks
• Edit live filters, adjustments, effects, blend modes and masks non-destructively
• Undo history can be saved with the document so you can always undo your changes
• Record and play macros for ultimate productivity
Professional image processing:
• Open RAW and other images in a dedicated pre-processing workspace
• Adjust exposure, blackpoint, clarity, vibrance, white balance, shadows, highlights and much more
• Advanced lens corrections including chromatic aberration, defringe, vignette and best-in-class noise reduction
• Paint areas or use fully customisable gradients to mask adjustments
• View histograms, blown highlights, shadows and tones as well as detailed EXIF information
• Focus Merge, HDR Merge and Tone mapping for advanced image processing
Quality retouching and correction tools:
• Intuitive selection brush and refinement makes selections simple, even down to strands of hair
• Instantly remove unwanted objects with an incredibly advanced Inpainting brush
• Dodge, burn, clone, patch, blemish and red eye tools
• Smooth and retouch skin with built-in frequency separation
• Dedicated Liquify persona gives freehand control over warps, twirls, pinch, punch and turbulence
Advanced brush engine:
• Huge library of painting, drawing, textures and professional DAUB® Brushes included
• Create custom brushes and nozzles with full control over advanced dynamics
• Combine multiple brushes together and paint in a single stroke.
• Full support for Wacom and other graphics tablets, including pressure, tilt and shortcut buttons
• Real-time preview of your nozzle – see what you are about to paint or erase before you do it
Fast, customisable effects:
• Massive collection of effects available, including blurs, distortions, tilt-shift, shadows, glows, lighting and many more
• Choose to apply effects non-destructively with live effect layers, enabling you to erase away or mask effects after they have been applied
Built for Mac:
• Takes full advantage of the latest macOS technologies including Metal compute, OpenGL, Grand Central Dispatch and Core Graphics
• Full support for MacBook Pro's Touch Bar and Force Touch trackpad
• Fully optimised for 64-bit and multi-core processors
• Supports regular, retina and multi-monitor set ups
• External eGPU support
- Optimised for Sidecar
- Various bug fixes and stability improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Just get it
I’ve been part of the BETA tesing of this app for the past few months. If like me, you’ve been looking for an alternative to Photoshop - particularly an app entirely dedicated to the work flow of photography (rather than say, graphic design); one that functions intuitively in a Mac environment; embraces familiar workflow protocols; and has to deliver exceptional results at the highest and most demanding levels of your workflow in the digital darkroom, then this is it. Believe me, this is it. Has it acheived nirvana? Not at all. This is Version 1. But after 5 years of development, this is the most polished and refined v1 of any professional level software that I have encountered over the past 25 years. At the price, it’s a no-brainer. Just get it.
Don’t waste your money
I am an aspiring photographer and I used the app because it was cheaper than photoshop. Big mistake. I purchased photoshop for two months and that was enough to appreciate how easy to use Photoshop and Lightroom are. Then the two months ended and I went back to try Affinity Photo. Their tutorials are not useful and some of the functions in the app worked and worked well until I tried to merge two images. There seems to be no brush tool!! And come on affinity, you need to have a brush tool for layer masks!?! it’s ridiculous! even Photoshop has a brush tool! If Affinity photo has one it is probably hidden away somewhere where only people that search through and through can find it. Photoshop and Lightroom may be more expensive but when it comes down to time and ease of use, I don’t think they are. I hope you find this review helpful.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your review. We're sorry to hear you feel this way, we're currently remaking and adding to our tutorial library for our next big update, version 1.7.
If you are having issues with merging images, or processes after merging then please post on our forums so we can investigate this for you. https://forum.affinity.serif.com/
The brush tool can be found on the left hand toolbar, or by pressing the 'B' key as a shortcut. (https://i.gyazo.com/4b67595602f27ff61ce6fad613eb3024.png) This brush can be used on any pixel or mask layer, I hope this helps.
Easy enough with more features than I will need
For the price, Affinity offers a lot. Those with some familiarity with the likes of PS won’t find it too difficult to catch on- the fact that it edits raw is worth a lot. But for the money, it’s hard to beat.
- Serif (Europe) Ltd.
- 420.3 MB
OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Serif (Europe) Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.