Plan your journeys (bus, train and ferry) around Auckland on the AT Metro network and track your bus or train in real time. Check live departure times at your favourite bus stop, train station or ferry pier. Get notified when your bus is due, and when to get off, plus alerts for major disruptions if they occur. Check your AT HOP Card balance on the go.
- Find and track the best route to your destination
- See live departure times for your services
- Save your favourite journeys for quick access when planning a journey
- Get notified when your bus is one stop away or if its time to get off your bus or train (handy if you're in an unfamiliar area!)
- Track the live location of your bus or train
- Get live departure times for any Auckland bus stop and train station (scheduled times for ferry departures)
- Save your favourite stop, station or pier for quick access
AT HOP Card Balance
- Login using your MyAT account to see your HOP Card balance on the go, including auto top-up and pending top-up status
- Quick access to web HOP functions like topups and viewing transactions
- Find nearby places where you can top-up your HOP card instantly
This app is provided by Auckland Transport. We're always working to improve the app to make it easier for you to get around Auckland. Please send us feedback in your reviews or via the "Help improve the app" area in the menu - we love to hear from you and use this to make the app better with every release.
* Closed stops in Live Departures won't show list of services that would have stopped there previously
* Saved stop cards now show the actual next bus arriving based on real time information, when you are less than 1000m away
* Some other background changes to support new features
* Fixed - crashing bug when exiting Live Departures detail view using a swipe gesture
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Really not thought through app
I am still annoyed with the notifications that come up assuming you took a bus route just because I searched it before. Surely it can detect when I’m actually walking, and it shouldn’t notify me to get off the next bus stop?
Another suggestions (and I believe a quick win and obvious improvement) would be to visually mark stops where I have to get off when I have to switch buses. I currently manually enter the stop address in google maps so I can know upfront where to get off exactly (rather than counting the stops in the AT app or waiting for the notification to get off).
I hope someone reads this feedback 🙏🏼 it’s such an essential app people use every day, please make it more user friendly.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback. You should be able to use the detail screen once you’ve closed the tooltip (help text). You can close it by tapping on “Got it”. We will look at how we can improve this tooltip and make it more intuitive for users. Please let us know if this resolves the issue. Looking forward to hearing from you.
If you want a bit of adventure in your Auckland life look no further.
Like options? Good, It fills your ride with irrelevant schedules that have already left just to let you know that you should get your life in order and leave the house earlier. Useful and motivational. Arrival time estimates are more accurate than the windows file transfer window...
never like to reminisce? Great, hitting the back button stops the app from updating timetables. Forcing you to commit to your life choices.
and the most fun. Hop card Balances!
Do you have enough money for your ride? Who cares!?!? My balance updated once when I downloaded the app and hasn’t changed since. Every ride is a gamble. Weee. This app is way better than my last setup, which was a magic 8-ball.
Developer Response ,
Brilliant review! :) keen to understand a bit more about these issues, in particular we should be able to fix your hop balance not updating. Can you send us an email to email@example.com so we can help :) Cheers
It's getting there - I suggest these refinements.
- In the live departures, when you tap on a stop, instead of opening that stop's menu it pans the map so that the stop is centred, and then you have to press it again to open the menu - this should either happen in one motion or not at all.
- The bus GPS tracking is useful, but needs to be smoother and more accurate. I've had it say a bus was two stops away and then come straight past me.
- You should be able to top up your Hop card within the app - no webpages, etc.
- The overall app needs to feel smoother/more fluid, more like a native iOS app. I'd suggest looking at Uber.
- The live departures and journey planner screens can be merged.
Update regarding the top paragraph: So in live departures, I tap on a nearby stop and then all that does is move that stop to the centre of the screen, then I have to tap it again to make the menu open.
Developer Response ,
Hi, thanks for all the feedback! Good news, we've got an update to the vehicle tracking that will be out in the next month which massively improves the frequency of location
updates. We're also working on adding top up into the app itself.
Update regarding live departures: Could you please see if the menu opens on its own, perhaps after a delay?
- Auckland Transport
- 37.8 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2017 Auckland Transport
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.