Chaotica is a next-generation fractal art creation environment, designed for both novices and experienced professionals.
Novice users can enjoy editing the included examples and randomly generated fractals to easily produce gorgeous, high definition fractal images.
Professional users can produce stunningly detailed print renders and animations effortlessly thanks to the cutting edge, high-powered CPU and multi-GPU rendering engine.
Now in Chaotica 2 users can easily produce stunning animations, and save them to high-definition video.
Chaotica Free 2 is limited to 1.23 megapixel still images (e.g. 1280x960) and up to 30 second 480p animations, while Chaotica HD 2 can generate high definition renders up to 4 megapixels (e.g. 2560x1600) and amazing 720p animations up to 3 minutes long. Chaotica Studio 2 has no limits whatsoever!
● Easily generate an enormous variety of stunning random fractals.
● Powerful built-in editor for ultimate control and artistic expression.
● Keyframe animation support to easily create amazing motion-blurred videos.
● Apophysis / Flam3 compatibility - Turbocharge your existing flames!
● Unrivaled image quality - Gorgeous images out of the box!
● Modern rendering engine - Leaves other renderers in the dust.
● Real-time imaging controls - Tweak your render to perfection without losing time.
● GPU rendering - Use one or more GPUs to accelerate your renders.
● Video output - Save stunning animations in H.264 or H.265 video.
* Added CMD+SHIFT+T as keyboard shortcut to make new transform in world editor.
* Removed 'Ultra quality' checkbox (ultra quality rendering itself was removed a while ago).
* Made escape key close the parameter browser window.
* When OpenCL rendering is enabled, choose a default device to enable if none are enabled.
This is so Chaotica doesn't get stuck in a state where OpenCL rendering is enabled, but no devices are enabled.
* Added 'Mouse wheel changes zoom level' option in settings dialog. True by default.
* Mouse wheel changes now zoom on Mac also.
* Added a "Delete key: remove knot" piece of help text to the curve editor.
* Made CMD+P, CMD+T, CMD+E shortcuts work in the editor windows (used to just work in main window).
* Added CMD+M to show/select main window, works in editor windows.
* Made shortcuts activate/focus the window as well as just showing it.
* Removed 'Max individual mem alloc' display from OpenCL device info, as was not accurate.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.