tChess Lite is the popular chess game designed just for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. tChess is like a virtual chess board on your device. It's fun and easy to use--perfect for the casual player!
This game features a very clean UI design and beautiful graphics. tChess is a fast and stable program. Pick up a game in your free time... and there's no problem listening to your music while you play.
(tChess Lite is a fully-functional version of tChess for casual chess players. If you're an active player and want enthusiast-level features, take a look at tChess Pro, which is over 1000 ELO stronger and has received rave reviews from Grandmaster Susan Polgar, PE's Chess Cast, and iPhone app critics.)
tChess Lite Features:
- Perfect for 1- or 2-player games (on the same device, no network connection required)
- Tap-tap to move pieces
- Highlights legal moves
- View full game history in the Move List
- Go back or forward move by move and replay completed games
- Built-in chess clock
- "Get hint" feature to improve your game
- Easy to undo moves
- Saves your game automatically if you exit the program or take a call
- Play against any ELO rating from 500 to 1200
- Computer opponent is the most fun and realistic for beginners and casual players
- Use the Profile feature to play rated games and track your progress
- Over 15,000 openings for fresh, varied games
tChess Lite is developed by Tom Kerrigan, author of the TSCP and Stobor chess engines.
- Fixed a bug where some "Play online" games could get unsynchronized and stuck
- Added a message to explain that "Play online" games are not necessarily real-time
Ratings and Reviews
Waste of money, can not connect to anyone to play online. Bought the app only to play online and now I can't.
Great Chess game
Solid game with a clean, uncluttered interface. I play this game daily :)
An excellent game to stimulated your thinking.
- Tom Kerrigan
- 5.9 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Tom Kerrigan
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.