Collabra is a video-based practice management platform that enhances music instruction through practice sharing/tracking, interactive split screen lessons, time-based assessments, and insightful reporting. As a result, students not only get better; they get better, faster.
Students can use the Collabra mobile app to record practices, submit assessments, and engage with lessons anywhere. Features include:
- Record/Upload practices (video, audio)
- Use “bookmarks” to call-out sections of practices
- View lessons provided from your teacher
- Practice while watching lessons on a split screen view
- Record and submit assessment attempts
- View teacher comments on your practices and engage in discussion
- Join a new course
- Practice on your own in you "Personal Course"
- Receive notifications for key events such as practice comments, new assessments/lessons assigned to you, and assessment grades
Teachers can use the Collabra mobile app to view student practices, record new lessons and review/grade assessments. Features include:
- View student practices and filter by student/course
- Make comments on student practices directly on the playhead
- Record/Send lessons to a whole course or individual students
- Bookmark lessons to call-out important parts of a lesson
- Create/Assign time-based assessments
- Review and grade student assessment submissions
- Real-time reporting including number of student practices, cumulative minutes practices, and more
- Receive notifications for key events such as assessments submitted, and student comments
The Collabra mobile app offers students and teachers a functional extension of the Collabra website on the go. You can record practices/lessons/assessments online or offline and they will upload when your phone has access to WiFi (or cell service if you enable). Students and teachers will have access to 24/7 phone/chat support accessible through the "support" tab inside of the app settings.
Students can also practice on their own through our Private Practice program. By paying monthly students are allowed to practice through Collabra and keep track of their progression over time. This monthly service is free up to 2GB of storage, then $2.99 / mo for 25GB of storage, and $9.99 / mo for up to 100GB of storage.
Our mission is to encourage students to get better, faster, by increasing engagement, accountability, and feedback. We continue to improve our product with this in mind. Check out what we've added this time:
Videos and audio recordings now use less resources when uploading. This update is especially useful for users who were experiencing crashes after recording long practices or assessment attempts.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Collabra Innovations LLC
- 28.8 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires a Mac with Apple M1 chip and macOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Collabra Innovations LLC
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.