Seen a colour you’d love for the house? Maybe it was at the beach, on a fabric or in your friend’s living room, but you don’t know what that colour is or how to describe it?
Resene ColourMatch can help. This colour-matching App allows you to simply take a picture from your iPhone and it will instantly match your chosen colour in the image to one of the thousands of Resene paint colours. Alternatively you can use the app to build a personal colour palette of Resene paint colours from a single image. Perfect for bringing your favourite places into your home.
How it works:
Source an image from your iPhone, either by taking a photo or using an existing image. Then you can either scroll around the image to find the inspirational colour you want or use that image to generate a whole palette of colours. The App not only gives you your colour matches, it also lets to browse through our selection of similar and complementary colours.
You can also search directly for colours, save Resene colours to ‘Your Favourites’ and email them out to friends and family. There’s a ‘Find Store’ function, which helps you find the nearest Resene ColorShop or Reseller to you.
Everything in this smart little App is made to help you make your inspiration a reality, sooner.
Show this App at any Resene owned-ColorShop and you’ll get $1 off testpots.
• Source images from your iPhone Camera, Photo Library or Colour Spectrum.
• Pick an image and the App will match it with one of the thousands of Resene colours or create a palette for you (internet connection required to generate palettes).
• Search for Resene colours by their name or Resene Colour Code.
• Similar and complementary colours have been created by Resene Colour Experts.
• Store information includes the phone number (dial direct from App), opening hours and address.
• Directions to stores can be found through the Maps function on App.
• Your ‘Favourites’ can be emailed to anyone you like.
• Easy link to the Resene website – a site filled with innovative products and services from Resene.
How to navigate:
Pinch and squeeze to zoom in and out of images. Move your fingers up, down and across to scroll through Resene colours.
Please note: ColourMatch is intended to inspire you with colour options. You may experience differences between surface colours and Resene swatches due to differences in lighting, colour temperature and the quality of photos taken with the iPhone camera. It’s always best to refer to actual Resene samples and testpots before painting.
This colour is a representation only. Please refer to the actual paint or product sample. Resene colour charts, testpots and samples are available for ordering online.
This App is for New Zealand/Australia use only.
ColourMatch v2.0 from Resene
Remember to show this App at Resene owned ColorShops to receive a $1 discount on testpots!
In v2.0 we’ve added some great new features:
• New “Palette” feature that lets you generate whole palettes of Resene colours from your image
• New search function that lets you search all Resene colours by name or colour code
• All new colours – the range has been updated with the latest fashion colours from the Resene The Range Whites & Neutrals and The Range fashion colours.
• All new retail locations in NZ and Australia.
• Interface and performance improvements.
Thanks for all the feedback and great reviews!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Affected by lighting
Version 1.0 with 3G iPhone. I wanted this software to work but, in practical terms, found it wildly inaccurate. The problem is that under differing lighting conditions the same surface can give radically different colour readings - none of which were close to the mark. This renders the product a gimmick,until future upgrades can fix. The potential is there and it will be fantastic when this can be sorted
Palette doesn't work
Great to find a colour if you see one you really like somewhere.
The palette function has never worked in the year + that I have had this app, they should remove it since it doesn't seem to work for anyone...
Colour palette doesn't work
This is great fun, but like others, I'm really disappointed the palette function doesn't work (I have an iPhone 6).
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.