The new De’Longhi Coffee Link App gives you the ability to prepare your favourite drinks, personalise recipes and create new beverages with complete freedom thanks to the Bluetooth connection.
Set your personal recipes: change the aroma level, milk and coffee quantity and temperature to prepare your perfect beverage.
New recipes: use the COFFEE LINK App to create your own recipes from scratch. Up to 6 new recipes can be saved.
General settings: to set all parameters of your machine.
Maintenance hints: thanks to real-time communication: the COFFEE LINK App gives valuable advices how to maintain the machine
Ratings and Reviews
Comprehensive but glitchy - be warned Version 1.3.1
When purchasing a PrimaDonna Elite ECAM 650.55, or related, this app becomes essential. It has training and setup material as well as setting up profiles and recipes. The app is reasonably intuitive and user friendly but requires improvements and debugging :
1) Changing water temp setting, within a recipe, leads to that temperature being changed for all other recipes instead of just that individual recipe
2) with iPhone 6 Plus being 3 feet from machine the app will, very occasionally, hang at the start of drink preparation requiring the app to be (swiped) turned off and on again
3) whilst the Bluetooth happily connects through two walls and 12 meters away, it will frequently disconnect ( at any distance in between) and require repairing with the machine. This happens regularly and ends up wasting a lot of time. It will always happen when the phones screen is switched off or is moved around etc
4) Individual recipes tend to get assigned to each of the six profiles instead of strictly to the individual. In its current form this means the claims of 4 x 6 individual recipes seem to be misleading...though not intentionally
5) This is the worst one....the individual recipe can't be programmed to supply separate hot water to top up, say, an espresso (for long black). This means that long blacks and coffee americanos are topped up with hot water through the already extracted grounds, making the coffee bitter and over extracted. This is a major flaw and could be so easily rectified. You don't pay thousands of dollars for the best coffee machine just to have over extracted bad tasting coffee!!!
6) the order of coffee versus milk supply makes a serious difference to the look and taste of the coffee. This program doesn't make it clear which order the machine will supply the milk and coffee in. This wastes time and coffee experimenting to get it right
The bottom line is that this app is not just a gimmick, it is essential to the operation of the PrimaDonna. It has great graphics and a useful interface but requires further development
- De'Longhi Appliances S.r.l
- 68.7 MB
- Food & Drink
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © De'Longhi Appliances S.r.l.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.