The award winning PC spaceship simulation game from Subset Games comes to iPad! Includes the free expansion, FTL: Advanced Edition, which adds new ships, enemies, events, weapons, and more!
PC version’s awards include:
- IGN - Game Of the Year Nominee 2012
- PC Gamer - 2012 Best Short-Form Game
- Indie Game Festival 2013 - Excellence in Design
- Indie Game Festival 2013 - Audience Award
- Game Developers Choice Awards 2013 - Best Debut: Subset Games
In FTL you experience the atmosphere of running a spaceship trying to save the galaxy. It's a dangerous mission, with every encounter presenting a unique challenge with multiple solutions. What will you do if a heavy missile barrage shuts down your shields? Reroute all power to the engines in an attempt to escape, power up additional weapons to blow your enemy out of the sky, or take the fight to them with a boarding party? This "spaceship simulation roguelike-like" allows you to take your ship and crew on an adventure through a randomly generated galaxy filled with glory and bitter defeat.
- Give orders to your crew, manage ship power distribution and choose weapon targets in the heat of battle.
- Pause the game mid-combat to evaluate your strategy and give orders.
- Upgrade your ship and unlock new ones with the help of seven diverse alien races.
- Hundreds of text based encounters will force you to make tough decisions.
- Each play-through will feature different enemies, events, and results to your decisions. No two play-throughs will be quite the same.
- Permadeath means when you die, there's no coming back. The constant threat of defeat adds importance and tension to every action.
Website - www.FTLgame.com
Twitter - @FTLgame
NOTE: Only compatible with iPad 2 or newer -- Will NOT run on iPad 1!
-Prep for future iOS versions (64-bit support)
-More sound problems resolved
-Misc. minor bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
*Fails to hit an enemy ship 5 times in a row
Me: "HOW COULD YOU MISS?"
Weapons operator: "It moved!"
What I was looking for.
Being looking for such a game like this for quite some time. Loving it and finding the game to be very addictive. My only dislikes (which are minor) and wishes are
1:not having to constantly be moving on by a timer (before the rebels catch you) and this is only because I like taking my time and wanting to explore every stop .(adding more length to the game).
2: would be cool if it was longer(adding more stages to go through).
3: not sure if it would be possible but multi player would be awesome. Like no timer and can just jump around through all the levels having it out with real players till you lose.
FTL was exactly what I was looking for. Finally a good, fun strategy game on the IPad. Yes, the graphics aren't the best but I think that it's current art style suites the game. In FTL, you captain your own spaceship. The information you hold is vital to the remaining federation fleet, and you must get to the federation base before the rebels catch you. The game is split into eight sectors, each with more beacons that you can visit. You can upgrade your ships existing systems, or buy more systems and augments for your ship. You can also choose which ship you use, and buy weapons/drones for offensive or defensive purposes.
All and all, this is a great game. I would recommend it to all space lovers.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.