GarageBand turns your iPad and iPhone into a collection of Touch Instruments and a full-featured recording studio — so you can make music anywhere you go. And with Live Loops, it makes it easy for anyone to have fun creating music like a DJ. Use Multi-Touch gestures to play keyboards, guitars and create beats that make you sound like a pro — even if you’ve never played a note before. Plug in a guitar or bass and play through classic amps and stompbox effects. Use a Touch Instrument, microphone or a guitar and instantly record a performance with support for up to 32 tracks. Use the Sound Library to download additional free instruments, loops and sound packs. Audio Unit Extensions in iOS 13 allow you to play, record and mix third-party instruments or effects right into GarageBand. And then share your song with friends and family.
Live Loops. Make music like a DJ
• Use Multi-Touch to tap and trigger a Live Loop cell or group of cells
• Get started with templates or build your own grid from scratch with Apple Loops
• Create custom loops by recording directly into a cell using any Touch Instrument
• Use Remix FX to perform DJ-style effects
• Tap record and to capture your performance
Play your iPad and iPhone like a musical instrument
• Play a variety of musical instruments on the innovative Multi-Touch keyboard
• Play and record using the Alchemy Touch Instrument
• Build grooves inspired by classic electronic drum machines with the Beat Sequencer
• Download free instruments, loops and sound packs for GarageBand with the Sound Library
• Capture any sound and apply studio-class effects
• Recreate legendary guitar or bass rigs using virtual amps and stompboxes
• Use 3D Touch to play keyboard sounds with polyphonic aftertouch*
• Record performances from third-party music apps directly into GarageBand using Audio Unit Extensions**
Drummer for iOS
• Add virtual session drummers to your song, who take direction and play realistic grooves
• Choose from acoustic, electronic drummers and percussionists***
• Each character provides their own sound and the ability to create over a million realistic grooves and fills
Sound like a virtuoso with Smart Instruments
• Play an entire string orchestra using Smart Strings
• Perform with Chord Strips and autoplay using any keyboard instrument
• Groove with a variety of Smart Basses using upright, electric and synth sounds
• Strum chords or trigger autoplay patterns on an acoustic and electric Smart Guitar
Create a song anywhere you go
• Record, arrange and mix your song with up to 32 tracks using Touch Instruments, audio recordings and loops****
• Record multiple times over any song section and choose your favourite using Multi-Take Recording
• Use professional mixing effects, including Visual EQ, Bitcrusher and Overdrive
• Recording, mixing and exporting a song can be done at 24-bit audio resolution
• Trim and place musical regions exactly where you want them to play
• Automate the volume and record the movement of controls on Touch Instruments
• Add comments or lyric ideas to your song with an integrated notepad
Share your songs
• Keep your songs up-to-date across all devices using iCloud Drive
• Create custom ringtones and alerts for your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch
• Share your songs using email or Facebook, YouTube and SoundCloud*****
• Remotely add new tracks to your Logic Pro X project from your iPhone or iPad via iCloud
* Polyphonic aftertouch is available on iPhone 6s or later.
** Requires compatible third-party Audio Unit Extensions apps from the App Store.
*** Requires free download from GarageBand Sound Library.
**** Multitrack recording requires a compatible third-party audio interface.
***** Sharing to Facebook and YouTube requires iMovie.
• Support for Dark Mode and new Share Sheet in iOS 13
• Access files from external hard drives, SD card readers and USB drives
• Improves audio fidelity of Apple Loops when making tempo and key changes
• New downloadable “Skyline Heat” sound pack with a collection of over 350 new Hip Hop loops and 6 drum kits
• Search for Apple Loops by Sound Library pack name
• Provides performance and stability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Great App But...
Sometimes when I’m trying to make a random riff or just anything on guitar (maybe not just guitar) some notes won’t play and I don’t know if it’s some silly feature or a glitch, but it would be great if you were able to fix it 👌
I really love this app because it seamlessly integrates with all of Apple’s other music apps (Music Memos and GarageBand for Mac).
When I get an idea, I can record it in Music Memos where I can then add bass/drums to hear what it could potentially sound like. I can then import it into GarageBand for iOS in which I could play around with some instruments, some drums and some random sounds. If I then wish to evolve it further, I can then open it up in GarageBand for Mac with so setup or transferring - thanks to iCloud being able to conveniently sync my projects automatically; in which I can progressively improve my music on the Mac edition.
THIS APP IS GREAT
EDIT: I just made a really good instrumental, but now its not working and its saying “not enough storage to edit” despite me having 2 GB of free storage. Please fix
PLEASE MAKE MORE HIP HOP/TRAP DRUM KITS. The Flex and Flow pack did not disappoint. Please make this app more suitable for hip hop just like FL Studio. I suggest making the high hats pop out more, because it sounds quite plain unlike in other plug ins. Please fix the fact that you cant copy paste drum patterns weve made from other songs into another song.
Update: THANK YOU FOR THE VINTAGE DRUM KITS! I cant thank this app enough! This app is amazing.
Update: Songs dont play in certain segments of the song please fix.
- Apple Pty Limited
- 1.7 GB
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2019 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.