Brand new design and exciting new features for homebrewers at any level of experience.
Connect with the global homebrewing community and enjoy your craft wherever you go. Our new and improved Community Mobile App allows you to create, brew and share beer recipes using a variety of brewing tools, calculators, recipe styles and equipment profiles.
Use our step by step messaging system to guide you through a brew on ANY brewing system as well as connect remotely to the Grainfather Connect Control Box. You can read articles, take our Brewing 101 Course and keep track of Homebrew and Craft Beer Events on the go.
With new offline use, you can create recipes offline and sync them to your profile when you connect again.
• Brand new user interface
• Upgraded messaging system to guide you through the brewing process. Now also available on non-Grainfather equipment
• Create and edit recipes, brew sessions and equipment profiles without an internet connection and your changes will be synced when you’re back online
• Explore and brew thousands of community recipes from the app
• Create mash and fermentation profiles once, and easily import them into your recipes and brew sessions
• Create and manage your recipes with more styles available (now supporting BJCP Beer, BJCP Cider, BJCP Mead, and Brewers Association styles)
• Share recipes and sessions with your friends
• Manage your brewing equipment, compatible with all brewing systems
• 22 Brewing Calculators to improve accuracy and efficiency and make every brew replicable
• Manage ingredient profiles and add custom ingredients
• Monitor and manage fermentation with a range of different IoT devices including Tilt, Plaato and iSpindel
• The recipe editor now has a new recipe stats view
• Personalise your brewing experience according to your level of experience and favourite beer styles
• Take our Brewing 101 course and start your experience with some basic brewing knowledge
• Explore articles on all things brewing
• Explore and brew thousands of community recipes
• Customise your account settings
• Check out brewing events happening locally or around the world
• No advertising!
Note: Bluetooth connection may be lost depending on distance from the Grainfather. If this happens the Grainfather will continue without the device. Once you come back into range the device will reconnect automatically.
- Fixed G70 device setup issue
- Fixed mash and sparge volume conversion issues between session and recipe with different unit type
- Fixed an issue with source water profiles that have both basic and advanced mode values
- Added option to show password when logging in
- Other bug fixes and optimisations
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Remote Control ok but needs work
I found the app useful to control the grainfather but found it could load BeerSmith XML files - still working to get this loaded
What about the hillbillies?
Frankly, it’s a one trick pony. There is a need to develop a whiskey/ bourbon tool/app. It lacks the capacity to mash a decent corn bill. There are also steps that can’t be removed (via connect) such as boil
After all the issues reported, it is very disappointing that the app is still fustrauting people with its issue. I waited a couple if months before trying and it was a nightmare. The app will lose connection to the controller and once it does your screwed as it won’t reconnect and the sesdion won’t resume. Selecting the current session it goes to a blank screen with a spinning wait indicator and doesn’t change from that state.
Seriously Grainfather, you need to fix this, it is damaging your brand in a big way.
Can I suggest you put the old app back up under a different name for people to use, at least it worked well.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- BSGi NZ Limited
- 130.8 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE (1st generation), iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad (6th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (11‑inch), iPad Pro (11‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (7th generation), iPad (7th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (11‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (11‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (4th generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (4th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (4th generation), iPad Air (4th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (8th generation), iPad (8th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco or Drug Use or References
- © 2020 BSGi NZ Limited
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.