Practice makes perfect. iReal Pro offers an easy-to-use tool to help musicians of all levels master their art. It simulates a real-sounding band that can accompany you as you practice. The app also lets you create and collect chord charts of your favorite songs for reference.
~One of Time Magazine's 50 Best Inventions of 2010~
Used by thousands of music students, teachers and some of the world’s top music schools such as Berklee College of Music and Musicians Institute.
“It’s the perfect technology for a practicing musician: high-quality digital audio, mixable, transposable into any key and completely mobile. Now every aspiring musician has a backup band in their pocket.” – Tim Westergren, Pandora Founder
• It's a Book:
Create, edit, print, share and collect chord charts of your favorite songs for reference while practicing or performing.
• It's a Band:
Practice with a realistic sounding piano (or guitar), bass and drum accompaniments for any downloaded or user-created chord chart.
Have a virtual band accompany you as you practice
• Choose from the included 50 different accompaniment styles (Swing, Ballad, Gypsy Jazz, Bluegrass, Country, Rock, Funk, Reggae, Bossa Nova, Latin,...) and 12 blues styles available as a one-time In-App purchase
• Personalize each style with a variety of sounds including piano, Fender Rhodes, acoustic and electric guitars, acoustic and electric basses, drums, vibraphone, organ, and more
• Record yourself playing or singing along with the accompaniment
Play, edit, and download any songs you want
• 1000s of songs can be downloaded from the forums in a few simple steps
• Edit existing songs or create your own with the Editor
• The Player will play any song that you edit or create
• Create multiple editable playlists
Improve your skills with the included chord diagrams
• Display guitar, ukulele tabs and piano fingerings for any of your chord charts
• Look up piano, guitar and ukulele fingerings for any chord
• Display scale recommendations for each chord of a song to help with improvisations
Practice in the way, and at the level, that you choose
• Includes 50 exercises for practicing common chord progressions
• Transpose any chart to any key or to number notation
• Loop a selection of measures of a chart for focused practicing
• Advanced practice settings (automatic tempo increase, automatic key transposition)
• Global Eb, Bb, F and G transposition for horn players
Share, print, and export – so your music follows you wherever you need it!
• Share individual charts or whole playlists with other iReal Pro users via email and the forums
• Export charts as PDF and MusicXML
• Export audio as WAV, AAC and MIDI
• Support for AirTurn™ and other bluetooth page turners
• Upload your songs and playlists to iCloud for safekeeping and for synchronization across any of your iCloud enabled devices such as iPhone, iPad or Mac
Always backup your songs!
- Added the option to sort the list of playlists alphabetically
- Removed option to disable Background audio in Settings
- Rearranged Find results for easier access to YouTube and Web search results
Ratings and Reviews
Chord charts (transposable), playalong, practice, live
Jazz, Latin, Pop and Blues styles to playalong with, editable charts, forum provides thousands of charts submitted by other users. Each version update brings more features. I sync my Apple devices, iPhone, iPad, Mac (e.g. alterations and additions at rehearsal are right there on my Mac when I get home).
Great tool for learning chord scales, and has guitar, ukulele diagrams and piano voicings.
The editor is easy to use, there are options for a new blank song and it's form, and up to 96 measures if you squash them in. Very useful for singers and songwriters because you can create your chart with possible chords and hear a backing as you work on lyrics.
It's a required app for many music courses around the world.
I use it in the background with a music PDF app to read my notation from as it does not allow notation or lyrics within itself but some just export the audio track of their songs and attach them to each PDF page and play it from there.
I've arrived at gigs and all the bands are using it, so it's easy to sit in.
A definite buy for musicians.
Perfect Resource for Jazz Muso's
This application was the most expensive I've ever purchased, but it is well worth every cent. Not only do you not have to lug around Real books anymore, but the option of transposition, editing and saving charts is fantastic. The backlight, always on function, in either white or black background makes for day or night gigging a breeze. I've yet to play more than 4 hours with it, but the developer informed me he could get about 6 hours worth - more than enough for most jazz gigs, save those long night-morning sessions at Samois. The developer not only updates the application, but responds to enquiries. The option of uploading your songs to contribute to the pool is also another great option - one I haven't yet used.
More people using it than rating it:-)
Thank you for a great tool, guys, muses are such a disorganised bunch that I am sure more of me using it and loving it than those who can be bothered to rate it. Please, if you can, somehow change the chord symbols on more frequently used ones if you can, for example, G#major to Ab major( even though the first one is theoretically correct), C# major to Db major, etc. Also, it would be great to have more comping variety, as it gets monotonous sometimes. But in general, thank you very much!
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Technimo LLC
- 89.5 MB
Requires iOS 11.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Technimo
- In-App Purchases
- Jazz Styles Pack Free
- Pop Styles Pack Free
- Latin Styles Pack Free
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.