Where the road ends, there begins the adventure.
This App is the Swiss-Army Knife for every one who loves to travel… If you think “Travelling” instead of “Arriving”, this App is made for you.
iRoadbook is a a true Digital Roadbook System for iPhone, iPod-Touch and iPad.
It will allow you to record a route with "decorated" Waypoints. You can also use this App to follow a recorded route just like you will do with a paper Roadbook. The display of the App supports both Portrait and Landscape to suit all types of assemblies.
iRoadbook will always assist you during your trip with enhanced feature like Place Search and Augmented Reality Navigation.
No matter whether you are walking, driving a car or a truck, or you are mounting a motorbike, a bike or an horse... iRoadbook is the perfect companion for your adventures & tracks.
- Current GPS position and altitude
- Digital Compass
- Next Waypoint direction & distance
- Distance, Time & Average Speed total and from last reached waypoint
- Digital Compass
- Instant Speed
- Start/Stop/Pause recording
- 2 Autozoom modes: whole route or last "x" percent (configurable)
- Fullscreen mode
- Configurable Map Type & Tracking Mode
- It draws your POI’s, your Roadbook, your current route and a linear path to the next Waypoint (if any).
- Switch to 3D view with Augmented Reality (it shows you POI’s and the path over real world camera view)
ORGANIZER (Roadbook Management).
- Edit, Rename & Delete Roadbooks
- Share Roadbooks via iTunes, AirDrop, E-mail, iMessage, Twitter, Facebook and more …
- Edit name, Author, Country code, Vehicle Type, Difficulty Level, Description & Notes
- Switch between Waypoints list and full Trackpoints list
- It shows Waypoints in a special view suitable for navigation
- You can switch a point from Trackpoint to Waypoint and back at any time you want, just with a single tap
- Symbols. You can choose from 2 preloaded libraries of symbols for “Course" and “Attention" or you can just hand draw them by yourself
- Add info & Notes for each waypoint
- Photos. You can decorate a Waypoint taking a photo with your camera or choosing one from your photo album. Taken pictures can optionally be exported to your roll.
- Reverse Geocoding. Obtain the full address and locality of a Waypoint
- Find Points-of-Interest or everything you need to search near you, within a configurable radius.
- Show Place Details and jump to Google Maps or Web Site (if any).
- Locate places on your map or open them with Apple "Maps" Application to get driving directions.
- Share Places (in .VCF format) via AirDrop, E-mail, iMessage, Twitter, Facebook and more …
- User Name
- Map Type
- Tracking Mode
- Zoom Span
- Distance Filter
- Waypoint Accuracy
- Sound & Voice
- Save Photos
- Place Search Radius
- Simulated Heading
- Turn Sensitivity
- Background recording (*)
- Road Signs enhancement
SMART NAVIGATION SYSTEM.
- Automatically detects and interpolate "missing" Trackpoints (in case of GPS signal lost)
- Automatically detects and remove "redundant" Trackpoints to reduce overall Roadbook size
- Automatically detects "Turning Points" and shows them on your camera
- Automatically adapts Location Manager desired accuracy on the basis of battery state (plugged/unplugged) and level
- Automatically autosaves your recording every 60 seconds.
- Simulated Heading allows the system to ignore the internal compass and to simulate the heading using bearing angle between consecutive Trackpoints. Useful in those situations when the internal compass is not working properly (e.g. strong magnetic interferences)
- Configurable "Waypoint Accuracy" to detect when a Waypoint has been reached
(*) Recording precision may be reduced in background.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Just a few minor bug fixes and enhancements.
I must remember you that continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life even if in my test cases background recording shows a power consumption less than 20% compared to foreground recording due to lack of GUI updating.
The developer, Roberto O. Buratti, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Roberto O. Buratti
- 6.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires a Mac with Apple M1 chip and macOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2014 Roberto O. Buratti
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.