iTunes U provides everything an instructor needs to bring the classroom together on iPad — build lessons with apps and your own materials, collect and grade assignments, start class discussions or talk with students to answer questions and provide feedback.
iTunes U also allows anyone with an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to learn from a large collection of free educational content in public courses from leading schools, universities, museums and cultural institutions.
• Plan lessons, grade assignments and stay connected — straight from your iPad
• Add your own teaching materials — including worksheets, links, photos and videos from a variety of document providers
• Engage every learner using apps, books, videos, podcasts and more
• Add instructions or comments to PDFs and photos with built-in annotation tools
• See when students have viewed or completed assignments and remind them of due assignments
• Use the single-student view for individual attention at parent-teacher conferences
• Answer questions and provide video feedback or start class debates using group discussions
• Institutions using Apple School Manager and Managed Apple IDs can import registers to streamline course creation
• Teachers affiliated with qualified institutions can publish courses to the iTunes U catalogue for anyone to view for free on iOS devices
• View assignments and updates in one place and tick off assignments you complete
• Submit your work in private courses from other apps or as annotated PDFs and photos
• Open audio or video files directly in other apps
• Ask instructors questions or get feedback in one on one messages
• Start or join group discussions with your class
• View your grades and instructor feedback on all past assignments
Browse a Rich Catalogue of Free Educational Content:
• Choose from a variety of free lectures, videos, books and more on a range of subjects from leading educational and cultural institutions around the world, including Stanford, MIT, Yale, La Trobe University, University of Tokyo, Smithsonian Libraries, National Theatre and more
• Share your favourite courses with friends using Twitter, Facebook, Mail and Messages
iTunes U stores information about your activity in the app, such as materials you upload. To improve the app, iTunes U collects non-personally identifiable information related to app usage and browsing history of public content. Data is retained until an action is taken to remove it by any of the means provided.
• Participating in courses requires iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
• Publishing public courses to iTunes U requires teachers to be affiliated with a qualified institution
• This update includes usability and stability improvements
• iTunes U will be discontinued at the end of 2021
Ratings and Reviews
This app is outdated and needs to support the latest iOS features such as split screen and drag and drop. I use this app all the time and NEEDS TO BE BROUGHT TO macOS IMMEDIATELY. That would be awesome.
Latest app update
I’ve recently updated to the latest version after some serious “umming and ahhing” as to whether it was actually worth updating or not; where after the update I was proved right.. The update deleted the majority of my courses, notes study history, including where I was up to; everything useful. My courses which were all in video form are now restricted to audio only - when I need video for most of these.. There are no longer “episode numbers” on each and every download so you know where you’re up to. On top of all these issues the UI is now hideous.. When it comes to how I use the app and what I use it for, it’s now rendered useless. I would rate this a 0/5 if it would let me, compared to the 5/5 it was before.
If someone could tell me how to go back to the previous version it would be much appreciated!!
still a bit of work needed
The idea is cool but with up to date software i am unable to download the course video (mp4 format) that I wanted to my gen 3 ipod touch. It says that it cannot be played on this device. I brought it across to the ipod manually thru video deck and it plays fine.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Pty Limited
- 40 MB
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Apple, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.