Like you, LIFX wants smarter light. This means we care about the way you control your smart lights, as much as we do about the lights themselves. We make it easy to get started with WiFi-enabled, bright, colorful smart lights that need no hub. Yep, you can start with just one device.
LIFX App 4 can not only help give you the best start, but will turn your experience “up to 11”. Automate your wake up Schedule, or set up your movie-watching Scene (then set up voice control so you don’t even have to leave the sofa), or play with Effects next time you’re entertaining.
The LIFX app is packed full of features like:
- The Basics: on/off, dim, change color, change white temperature.
- Groups: control all lights in a group easily, including on/off and dimming with one touch from the Home Dashboard.
- Group personalisation: choose a LIFX illustration to suit or personalise Group cards with your own pictures.
- Schedules: automate your lights to fade, change color, and turn on/off, all visible in an easy calendar-style view.
- Effects: play with special effects like the music visualiser, fire, move, candle flicker, strobe, color cycle & more, all in one place.
- Scenes: set your lighting just the way you like it and save it for future.
- Themes: a library of one click colour combinations for a Group, from ‘Proud’ to ‘Soothing’.
- Paint: with your finger in the app, paint colour live onto your LIFX Z, Beam, Tile and Candle.
- Custom colour palettes: add your favourite colours to a custom colour palette.
- Discover Tab: find How To guides, learn about integration partners, or shop for LIFX
- and much more.
Example uses from our customers:
- Ambiance: schedule warmer light in the evening - to calm - and whiter light in the morning - to energise.
- “Moccupancy”: set irregular schedules to make it seem like you’re home when you’re not.
- Sleep: set your bedroom lights to deep red just before bed to produce more melatonin which helps you get better quality sleep.
- Stay put: you’ve settled into the sofa for a streaming binge but left the lights on. No need to jump up to the switch, just ask your voice assistant.
- Pet owners: if you’re unexpectedly late home from work, turn the lights on for your dog from wherever you are.
- Silent notifications: use partner apps to give you a light flash if… your car is arriving, or the forecast says it will rain, or you are mentioned on social media, and much more.
Best colour-changing smart bulb for HomeKit cnet
Pairing LIFX with Apple HomeKit is easy using the HomeKit onboarding QR code available in the product packaging.
Stay in touch.
Need a helping hand, or want to offer us some advice? We would love to hear from you about your LIFX experience. You can reach us at email@example.com.
LIFX lights are available at lifx.com
- Fixed issue where brightness might scale down while running an effect over an extended period
- Fixed issue where painting might use an older brightness value
- Fixed issue with controlling groups of lights on Apple Watch when some lights are offline
- Fixed issue where some Scenes might not appear on the Dashboard
- Fixed an issue where onboarding might be shown as successful when it failed
- Fixed issue where the Edit Schedule screen might look strange
- Fixed some potential cause of crashes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Love a redesign, is it for the best though?
Absolutely love LIFX. Their products and app have been so much fun to use. Though the recent update, although very stylish (clearly having seen a brilliant refresh of the apps visual style) has actually become really difficult to navigate. Ideally the colour controls for a light (warm, white etc.) should be more prominent and easy to find. The new style seems to make those very difficult to access.
New functions but the UI is a huge step backwards
The product is awesome, I have had mine for a year, but the new App design is awful. It was much easier to quickly navigate to change the colour and brightness in the last version. Whilst the new one is feature rich, sometimes you just want to change the colour and brightness on a whim
App has gone backwards
I love my lifx lamps but the new app is terrible
After having used the new app for a while I still think it’s very clunky and ‘busy’ looking.
- the Home screen is too cluttered with both Favorites and Groups, which takes up far too much space
- the slide switches on the Home screen are upside down for this part of the world. Can you rotate them 90deg? Then they suit all countries and also match common iOS switch orientation.
- why does the Discover tab have such a high priory location at the bottom of the screen? Perhaps move this somewhere else and give locations to Groups?
- LIFI LABS MANAGEMENT PTY LTD
- 168 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 and watchOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- © LiFi Labs Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.