Lightbox is New Zealand’s premium online service for new and exclusive TV shows, plus blockbuster movie rentals.
From the biggest and best binge-worthy TV shows to the latest movies fresh from the cinema, we’ve got hundreds of titles to choose from with new content added all the time.
Start your free 30-day trial at lightbox.co.nz now!
With Lightbox, you can:
- Watch as much TV as you like, ad-free
- Watch across multiple devices
- Add your favourites to your watchlist, so you always have something ready to go
- Keep the kids entertained in our fun and secure kids' corner
- Download & go with the Lightbox Premium TV Plan
- Rent movies from our extensive catalogue including new releases - no TV plan required
- Connect to your big screen with Chromecast or Airplay
Lightbox Standard is $12.99 and Lightbox Premium is $15.99 per month after trial. Compatible device and broadband required. ISP charges apply. Credit card required. Lightbox terms and charges apply.
We've made improvements and bug fixes to our Downloads feature so you can easily download and enjoy your favourite shows like Handmaid's Tale or the latest movie rentals on the go.
This update also includes general bug fixes including one for an issue with email links for movie rentals.
Ratings and Reviews
slow app, seriously needs to be fixed. everytime I press an option on “are you still watching”, the app crashes. when I click on a menu option or show/movie, it keeps going back to the main page. there’s are 20 sec rewind but no option to go forward 20 sec? would be better if there was a skip intro and subtitles as well. :/
A bugs life
Where do I start? I can’t make my mind up what my favourite feature is, is it the fact they haven’t ever used Netflix and copied the “skip into” function? Or perhaps that you can either skip back 20sec, or skip forward an entire episode, such good consistency! Although, come to think of it, it could be the recent addition of a super helpful feature, the app interrupts watching to check I’m still watching, to then crash when you click “yes” (without fail I might add) or to take you right back to the top of the home screen when you click “no”. Super stuff Lightbox. I hope you make sure your developers get a big peanut bonus for all their hard work.
An error has occurred
Every time we watch Lightbox, I select “resume” but often the show is like 2 episodes back like it hasn’t remembered where we got up to. It also suddenly stops multiple times and shows an error. We then have to close lightbox down, open it back up again and (as mentioned earlier it doesn’t know where we are up to) so have to press resume, then skip and fast forward trying to figure out where we were. It’s got nothing on Netflix.
- Lightbox New Zealand Limited
- 130 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2019 Lightbox
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.