Linphone is an open source app offering free audio/video calls and text messaging. With Linphone, you can be reachable at any time, even if the app is closed, with a WiFi or 3G/4G internet connection.
Linphone key features:
* High definition audio and video calls
* Audio conference calls with various participants
* Pictures and file sharing
* Linphone accounts reachable at any time, even if the app is closed (thanks to push notifications)
* Smart contact list to know whom among your friend is reachable thanks to Linphone
* Secure communication (encryption options)
* Compliant with a large number of SIP-compatible VoIP service providers allowing to reach everyone that has a "classic" phone line
* Group chat now available:
- Multi-participant groups
- Multi-device support
- Intuitive message delivery status
- Easy management of participants and admins
* Since IOS10, SIP connections in background are no longer allowed. Therefore, only Linphone accounts (sip.linphone.org accounts) can receive calls when the app is closed, thanks to push notifications integrated within our server.
* Group chat features only available for Linphone accounts (sip.linphone.org accounts).
Linphone is available on the main mobile and desktop operating systems and offers various specific features for advanced users (codecs, transport standard, encryption options, DTMF...). For more information, see Linphone project website: www.linphone.org
Note for developers and professionals:
Linphone can be rebranded and customized to meet specific needs. Contact Belledonne Communications www.belledonne-communications.com for any specific development query.
This Linphone release brings major improvements, such as:
- automatic handling of some Operating System behaviours
- new audio routes API to choose which device to use to capture/play audio
- Dark mode
- Fiix of some bugs
Ratings and Reviews
Easy setup under settings with the exception that it doesn't hide your password? This being the reason for 4 stars not 5. Other than this I would like to see a better dial pad graphically more fitting with the iPhone UI.
Everything else is perfect, the layout & most importantly the calls are clean & crisp.
Great SIP Client
Along my path I’ve tried a bunch of SIP clients, including the paid ones (like Zoiper or 3cx), and I think this one is one of the best. 1. It works without quirks, 2. It is open source. 3. UI is convenient
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Belledonne communications
- 91 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Japanese, Russian
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Belledonne communications
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.