Logic Pro X is the most advanced version of Logic ever. Sophisticated tools for professional songwriting, editing and mixing are built around a modern interface that’s designed to get creative results quickly and also deliver more power whenever it’s needed. Logic Pro X includes a massive collection of instruments, effects and loops, providing a complete toolkit to create amazing-sounding music.
• Consolidate and control multiple tracks or create rich, layered instruments with Track Stacks
• Smart Controls allow you to manipulate multiple plug-ins and parameters with a single move
• Support for the Touch Bar on MacBook Pro provides convenient controls for creating, editing and navigating your songs
• Autosave keeps your work safe and sound
Professional Music Production
• Record and edit MIDI or audio using a comprehensive set of editors and tools
• Keep takes organised with take folders and build comps quickly with Quick Swipe Comping
• Track Alternatives let you create and switch between different playlists of regions and edits on a track
• Render any combination of effect plug-ins to a selection of audio using Selection-based Processing
• Fix out-of-tune vocals and change the melodies of recorded audio with Flex Pitch
• Manipulate the timing and tempo of any recording with ease using Flex Time
• Comprehensive mix and plug-in parameter automation can be part of a region or track
• Create and mix music from anywhere in the room using Logic Remote on iPad or iPhone
• Produce simple lead sheets or orchestral scores with built-in Score editor
• Create authentic acoustic, electronic or hip-hop drum tracks using Drummer, a virtual session player and beat producer
• Choose among 28 distinct drummers that can take your direction and perform millions of unique grooves
• Build your own acoustic drum kits with Drum Kit Designer using a collection of deeply sampled drums
• Customise the sound of your electronic beats using Drum Machine Designer
Keyboards and Synths
• Get inspired by a collection of synths that provide analog, wavetable, FM, additive, granular, spectral and modelling synthesis
• Quickly find sounds or create unique new ones with Alchemy, the ultimate sample manipulation synthesiser
• Play or create a wide variety of rich sampled instruments with the EXS24 Sampler
• Instantly turn a simple chord into a rich performance with the Arpeggiator
• Transform simple ideas into elaborate performances using nine MIDI plug-ins
• Play faithful models of classic organs, keyboards and vintage synths
Guitar and Bass Gear
• Build your own guitar or bass rig with Amp Designer using vintage and modern amps, cabinets and mics
• Design a custom Pedalboard from a collection of delay, distortion and modulation stomp boxes
• Access the Tuner with just a click to quickly get in tune
Creative and Production Effects
• Play your sounds through realistic, acoustic spaces using Space Designer convolution reverb
• Use a range of multi-tap, vintage tape and stereo delays
• Add movement to your tracks with a variety of modulation effects
• Over 2,800 instrument and effect Patches
• 1,000 meticulously sampled instruments
• More than 7,000 Apple Loops in a wide range of genres
• Expand your instrument and effects library with third-party Audio Units-compatible plug-ins
• Share to GarageBand option allows you to remotely add new tracks to your Logic project from your iPhone or iPad via iCloud
• Import and export XML to support Final Cut Pro X workflows
• Export and share your songs directly to SoundCloud
• Open projects from Logic 5 or later
Minimum System Requirements
4 GB RAM
Display with 1280-by-768 resolution or higher
macOS v10.13.6 or later
Requires 64-bit Audio Units plug-ins
6 GB available disk space for minimum install / 63 GB hard disk for full Sound Library installation
This update contains stability improvements and bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Standard Audio Platform
Logic Pro Has Been in the top tier of professional applications for a few years now. As long as you have plenty of RAM, and a willinness to learn,this program will suit the more advanced user. If youre more into looking for something as a musician first and foremost, its good to start with Garageband first. The sessions are translateabl to logic later on and its free!
Bugs showing up recently I havent seen since the 90’s.
I’ve used this app since back to when eMagic created it. Recent versions are starting to show some real rookie errors I haven’t seen since the 90’s. Eg. Brand new Korg Kronos - brand new computer, new install of Logic - all drivers installed as required and the most basic function - MIDI isn’t communicating. I’ve wasted an hour on this so far. Remember the old days when it just worked? Not any more. I could waste another hour trying to find useful tech support that routinley doesnt know how to fix things these days but I’d rather just use something that works. My job is creating music - not trying to make buggy computers work.
Brilliant step-up from GarageBand
Previously, I used GarageBand ’11 and GarageBand X for all my orchestral compositions. I found GarageBand a very innovative tool, but I found it lacked many advanced features. I noticed Logic Pro’s interface was completely redesigned to look like GarageBand X. I upgraded to LPX specifically for a familiar and user-friendly interface and more advanced features. I got what I wanted, plus heaps more and I was completely blown away.
Logic Pro X has amazing orchestral samples, especially for the price tag. It’s synthesizer plugins are remarkable, my favourite being Sculpture and Retro Synth. Since I’m a young aspiring film composer, I use the scoring to picture facilities frequently and I find it surprisingly easy to use. Another of my favourite features is the Score Editor. In many ways, it can act as an alternative to music notation software like Sibelius and Finale.
I would say the biggest flaw with LPX is that it doesn’t support VST or 32-bit plugins. This did disappoint me quite a lot, because I upgraded to LPX under the impression that it would support these features.
Overall though, I find this software amazing, and I would definitely recommend it to any musician out there. Apple has definitely done a great job in the development of this application, something I will always be grateful for.
- Apple Pty Limited
- 1.5 GB
macOS 10.13.6 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2004-2019 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.