Math Slide: Basic Facts is a multiplayer game helping children to learn addition, subtraction, multiplication & division basic number facts. Players play and learn by sliding tiles into the center to match an image, answer or equation. To progress and succeed at mathematics children need to be able to easily recall basic number facts. Math slide is a fun way to learn and practice this key skill.
This School Edition can be used with Apple’s Volume Purchasing Program for Education VPP and contains the same games as Math Slide: add & subtract and Math Slide: multiply & divide.
• Multiplayer game, suitable for one, two, three or four players
• Games can be played in Competition Mode or Collaboration Mode
• 20 games all focused on basic number facts
• All games can be played unlimited times
• Each game is a little harder than the previous game
• The app focuses on a critical math concept vital for success
How to play
1. Select Competition Mode or Collaboration Mode
2. Select a game to play
3. Players join the game by pressing the ‘Join’ button
4. Press ‘Start Game’, wait for the count down, then play
5. Slide a tile into the center to match the image, answer or equation
6. Once tiles are used the game ends
Math focus of each game
Addition & subtraction
Game 1 – representing doubles & pairs to 10
Game 2 – doubles up to 10, pairs that equal 10
Game 3 – doubles up to 10, pairs that equal 10
Game 4 – representing number facts up to 10+10
Game 5 – addition facts up to 10+10
Game 6 – subtraction facts up to 10+10
Game 7 – addition & subtraction facts up to 10+10
Game 8 – number facts with answers to 20
Game 9 – pairs of number facts: 6 + 7 = 8 + ?
Game 10 – triples of number facts: 6 + 5 + ? = 15
Multiplication & division
Game 11 – 2x, 5x, 10x number facts
Game 12 – 2x, ÷2, 5x, ÷5, 10x, ÷10 number facts
Game 13 – 3x, 4x number facts
Game 14 – 3x, ÷3, 4x, ÷4 number facts
Game 15 – 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, x ÷ number facts
Game 16 – 6x, ÷6 number facts
Game 17 – 7x, ÷7 number facts
Game 18 – 8x, ÷8 number facts
Game 19 – 9x, ÷9 number facts
Game 20 – 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, x ÷ number facts
Maths Adventures Limited is a New Zealand company helping children learn mathematics. We develop apps that focus on the key concepts that need to be fully understood to progress and succeed in mathematics. Our apps range from learning to count up to understanding and using fractions and decimals, with each app focusing on one key concept.
• Everyone can learn mathematics
• Playing educationally rich games and apps improves understanding
• Learning math should be fun and exciting, a rewarding adventure
Math Slide is part of our ‘play and learn’ series, which are games high in educational value where children learn as they play. Our apps are research based and classroom tested to make sure they help children learn. We use the power of the iPad and technology to empower teachers and help children understand and learn key math concepts and to unravel misunderstandings.
*** Collaborative mode ***
You can now play Math Slide collaboratively. Up to 4 players can work together to complete a game. Each player slides a tile into the middle and when all players have the correct tile in the middle, all players win. Players can also switch to competition mode, where the first player to slide all their tiles into the middle wins.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Maths Adventures Limited
- 24.9 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires a Mac with Apple M1 chip and macOS 11.0 or later.
English, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Maths Adventures Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.