The trusted Word app lets you create, edit, view and share your files with others quickly and easily. Send, view and edit Office docs attached to emails from your phone with this powerful word processing app from Microsoft.
With Word, your Office moves with you. Whether you’re a blogger, writer, journalist, columnist, student or a project manager working on documentation, Word is as handy as you want it to be.
Make effective text documents, scripts, blogs, write-ups or CVs. Customise your document, letter, CV or notes your way with robust tools that enable you to accomplish your best writing with the best format options and templates.
Get the complete Microsoft Office experience when you sign in with your Office 365 subscription. Create and edit documents, collaborate and share with ease when you download Microsoft Word today.
• Kick-start your projects, assignments, letters, blogs, scripts, notes, write-ups or CV with beautifully designed modern templates.
• Use rich formatting and layout options to note down your ideas and express them in writing.
• Document formats and layouts stay pristine and look great on any device.
Read, write and edit documents
• Reading view lets you read lengthy docs, letters, scripts and more on your device with ease.
• Use familiar writing and editing tools as you’d find on a desktop word processor.
• Share thoughts by commenting in docs right next to the text you’re discussing.
• Everyone can collaborate and stay on top of changes to the text, layout and formatting.
• As you and your team make changes, you can revert to view earlier drafts with the improved version history in Word.
• Share files with a few taps to quickly invite others to edit or view your documents.
• Easily manage permissions and see who’s working on a document.
• Copy the content of your Word files directly into the body of an email message with its format intact or attach your docs to an email and make sharing easier.
Download Microsoft Word now and get the best way to create, share and edit documents from your iPhone or iPad.
To create or edit documents, sign in with a free Microsoft account on devices with a screen size smaller than 10.1 inches.
Unlock the full Microsoft Office experience with a qualifying Office 365 subscription for your phone, tablet, PC and Mac.
Monthly Office 365 subscriptions purchased from the app will be charged to your App Store account and will automatically renew within 24 hours prior to the end of the current subscription period unless auto-renewal is disabled beforehand. You can manage your subscriptions in your App Store account settings.
This app is provided by either Microsoft or a third-party app publisher and is subject to a separate privacy statement and terms and conditions. Data provided through the use of this store and this app may be accessible to Microsoft or the third-party app publisher, as applicable, and transferred to, stored and processed in the United States or any other country where Microsoft or the app publisher and their affiliates or service providers maintain facilities.
Please refer to the Microsoft Software License Terms for Microsoft Office. See “License Agreement” link under Information. By installing the app, you agree to these terms and conditions.
• Fixes issues with organization accounts unable to complete activation, sign in or MAM registration.
Ratings and Reviews
Early days in the manawatu
I’m new to word and had to spend ages on trying to bring up the story I’d written on it.. helpful if you could make simple clearer direction for this simple thing.
This is why I use Apple products
I have attempted to begin a Office 365 subscription this year. Twice. Each time, the transaction is done within the app, and appears to be successful. The subscription shows in my Apple ID information. Word, however, constantly shows me a message saying it cannot associate a subscription with my 365 account, thereby disallowing me from creating or editing documents. I do not want to contact Microsoft as I am not confident I will be able to talk to someone who can help. The sign-in/sign-up system is labyrinthine and confusing. There is nothing straightforward or sophisticated about Microsoft’s jumble of systems, products and log-ins. Just awful. I’ll stick to Apple’s basic Pages offering for now on my iPad Pro.
The app itself does its job I guess, you can type words and share those words with other people. But features like the drawing are fundamentally useless, which is very disappointing to see for an app. So frustrating to draw on documents when the lines I draw jump and spazz left to right, and when attempting to zoom in and out the page freezes or pans to a random corner. This is so frustrating, along with the amount of storage it takes up (I know that can’t be helped) and login issues, the rare times I go back to this app for school work I am reminded of why I never use it in the first place.
- Microsoft Corporation
- 281.9 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Office 365 Home $189.99
- Office 365 Home $149.99
- Office 365 Home $159.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.