Dive into the latest issue, listen to audio editions and access thirteen years of archive issues and download special editions.
ABOUT NEW SCIENTIST
In a world where true facts are in short supply, there has never been a greater need for a trusted, impartial source of information about what’s going on in the world – or a greater need for inspiration through great ideas.
From artificial intelligence to climate change, from the latest innovations in health to the mysteries of quantum physics and the human mind, New Scientist covers the ideas and innovations that matter.
Download the app for free today.
NEW SCIENTIST SUBSCRIBERS
All New Scientist subscribers can currently access digital issues in the app as part of your existing subscription. Once the app has downloaded, use your newscientist.com login details to log in to the app. If you haven’t set up an account, visit newscientist.com/activate
If you’re a subscriber and you’re having trouble logging in, please get in touch with customer service. The team's details can be found at newscientist.com/iosappfaq
Non-subscribers can purchase single issues or subscriptions within the app. You can easily access:
- A single issue for $9.99
- A rolling 3-monthly subscription for $70.99 every 3 months.
- An annual subscription for $239.99
Prices differ depending on your local currency. All prices may change. Payment will be charged to your App Store Account at confirmation of purchase. This subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period, your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
Subscription renewals cost the same. Please note prices may change.
We continue to improve the New Scientist app, with new features and appearance.
Ratings and Reviews
Google ads blocking text
I am a long time reader of the magazine and have been using the app regularly to get my dose of science. Since one of the latest updates and the introduction of google ads at the base of each page it has been difficult to read the end of an article. I understand the need to subsidise content by permitting advertising but I am tempted to go back to print just to avoid this.
Good app but 3 annoying things
The app is mostly good however it has a few major problems I am surprised went through QA. Could you please fix!!!
1. When you open the app back up it does not return you to what you were last reading meaning you need to navigate back to the issue you were reading which is time consuming and also difficult
2. When you click on a link in an article it should take you to the article in the app so you can read the full article. What actually happens is it opens an in-app browser which shows you the article unauthenticated so that you can’t read it!
3. Even with a subscription they have started to show ads. These often block the content.
Most intelligent news
So good to get real good researched and updated news, that matters to my hole life.
Thank You All that make that happen, Don Bowker.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- NEW SCIENTIST LIMITED
- 50.8 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires a Mac with Apple M1 chip and macOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco or Drug Use or References
- © New Scientist Limited
- In-App Purchases
- 3 Month Auto Renewable Subscription $99.99
- 12 Month Auto Renewable Subscription $319.99
- April 11 2020 $0.00
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.