Borrow eBooks, audiobooks, and streaming video from your library using OverDrive on your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch. More than 30,000 libraries worldwide offer titles from OverDrive, so download the app and find your next book today!
Having problems with font size in some books on iOS 10? See http://help.overdrive.com/customer/portal/articles/2574801 for help.
• Available 24/7, now the library comes to you.
• No more late fees. Titles are automatically returned.
• Place holds, create wish lists, and return titles easily.
• Sync libraries, bookmarks, and recent positions across mobile devices.
• A valid account with a participating library, school, or other institution is required.
• Each library builds its own collection of titles. Contact them directly to let them know that you’re using OverDrive and to share any suggestions for books you would like to see them carry.
• Fixed an issue related to VoiceOver support on the Bookshelf that prevented users from knowing which book they were returning or deleting.
• Fixed an issue related to button labels in the in-app browser that prevented VoiceOver users from knowing the purpose of several buttons.
• Fixed an ebook display issue that caused some ebooks to be unreadable.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
ABILITY to read when the books out in person
I use daily unless I’m not allowed because it’s to early or something else like that such as too late but...
I love overdrive for the fact that if I want a book that is out in person I can just pop on my iPad and issue the book online,
Especially if I really want to read a book and come back to late and find someone else came before me and issued it, and again pop on my iPad and issue it.
I find it easy to use and to access the books, the only problem is if you want recommendations you have to be logged in and then you have to go your account and look for the recommendations icon on your screen which takes ages, apart from that it’s easy to use and fun to read the book that you want read
Once you work this app out it’s great!
It did seem confusing at first. But the most important thing to remember is when on the ‘search’ page get used to where ‘my account’ is and then ‘loans’ ‘holds’ etc are. Once you remember that it’s really good using the main app for listening as you can have a timer and bookmark your place
To the app makers I wish you had 0.85 speed instead of 0.5 option as that’s too slow. i.e. if trying to get to sleep with an audiobook it be nice to be able to slow some narrators voices down a fraction. Also the ability to ‘compress’ the volume so we can hear the quiet narrators without being blasted when they go into action or acting style
I love this app. I have read so many more books than I would otherwise have done and been able to sample many new authors. I really dislike paperbacks that have to be held open and the sometimes overwhelming experience that a visit to the library presents. This sure fixes those problems.
I just wish that I could still lock the screen from within the app but not for other apps. That option was available in an earlier version of this app and was really useful esp for reading in bed.
- OverDrive, Inc.
- 33 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Icelandic, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2016 OverDrive, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.