NEW! Now you can battle other Pokémon GO trainers online! Try the GO Battle League today.
Join Trainers across the globe who are discovering Pokémon as they explore the world around them. Pokémon GO is the global gaming sensation that has been downloaded over 1 billion times and named “Best Mobile Game” by the Game Developers Choice Awards and “Best App of the Year” by TechCrunch.
UNCOVER THE WORLD OF POKÉMON: Explore and discover Pokémon wherever you are!
CATCH more Pokémon to complete your Pokédex!
JOURNEY alongside your Buddy Pokémon to help make your Pokémon stronger and earn rewards!
COMPETE in epic Gym battles and...
TEAM UP with other Trainers to catch powerful Pokémon during Raid Battles!
It’s time to get moving—your real-life adventures await! Let’s GO!
With the player’s permission, Adventure Sync uses the Health app to enable the player to earn walking distance when the app is closed.
- This app is free-to-play and offers in-game purchases. It is optimized for smartphones, not tablets.
- It is recommended to play while connected to a network in order to obtain accurate location information.
- Compatibility is not guaranteed for devices without GPS capabilities or devices that are connected only to Wi-Fi networks.
- Compatibility information may be changed at any time.
- Information current as of July 11, 2019.
- Compatible with iPhone® 5s / SE / 6 / 6s / 6 Plus / 6s Plus / 7 / 7 Plus / 8 / 8 Plus / X devices with iOS Version 9 or later installed.
- Not compatible with 5th generation iPod Touch devices or iPhone 5c or earlier iPhone devices.
- Please visit PokemonGO.com for additional compatibility information.
- Compatibility is not guaranteed for all devices.
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically reduce battery life.
Trainers, there’s always something new in Pokémon GO!
- Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto is right around the corner! The festivities won’t end there—join us for a weeklong Kanto Celebration event leading up to Pokémon Day!
- Have some Pokémon to transfer? You can now transfer Legendary and Mythical Pokémon when selecting multiple Pokémon.
- The Season of Celebration will end on 3/1. Are you ready for what’s next?
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
people who can’t play in rural areas
honestly i see so many stories on twitter about people who can’t play / do raids cuz they live too far out. I wish niantic could make something that looked out for rural players or other players who don’t have heaps of house to spend playing out and about. i’ve seen spoofers online and i know it gives a huge advantage than those would
play legit but would be great if you guys look after the spoofing community and maybe understand we here they come from when they actually can’t legit because of legitimate circumstances
It saddens me to see that Pokémon Go gets a lot of negativity from players. I’ve been playing since it was first released and I’ve literally had no issues with it. Yeah sometimes it’s glitchy and a bit slow, but Niantic have been quick to fix that and improve the game as soon as they could. They constantly bring out new features and events which keeps the thrill of the game high, they have also just brought out a few generation 4 Pokémon which is so exciting! The general game play is awesome and has been since day 1. I can’t wait to see where Pokémon Go goes because there’s so much more that they could do with it!
I think it’s so good that it includes literally everyone and anyone of all ages, we all do Raids and go hunting for Pokémon together and it just brings the community together. We are constantly meeting new people as we go too!
Don’t listen to the 1 star reviews, I am not entirely sure why everyone is so salty. It’s probably a bunch of young kids that are mad because they can’t catch every single Pokémon - if they could, it would ruin the fun and the whole point of the game.
All in all, I really do love Pokémon go, the original Nintendo games will still always be better just because of the nostalgia. However maybe as the younger children play this game will be nostalgic for them in the following years to come.
This new coin scheme is a scam
The daily limit of fifty coins was always frustrating, and now limiting the way they can be earned doesn't help. I understand not everyone can easily reach a gym to leave their Pokemon at to earn for them, but restricting everyone else to only being able to earn thirty from gyms while randomising arbitrary daily activities to earn the other twenty is even worse. Leave the gym earnings capped at fifty if you must, but make the activity earnings a completely separate source of income. What's another twenty coins a day really going to affect "business-wise" for the app in the virtual shop, anyway? A real $1 NZD for a hundred coins that you'd otherwise have to work five days for?
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Niantic, Inc.
- 343.8 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2016-2021 Niantic, Inc. © 2016-2021 Pokémon. © 1995-2021 Nintendo/Creatures Inc./GAME FREAK inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 100 PokéCoins $0.99
- 550 PokéCoins $8.99
- 1,200 PokéCoins $16.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.