Proloquo4Text™ is a text‑based communication app that gives a voice to literate children, teens and adults who cannot speak. It is designed to enable easy conversation and full participation in society. It achieves this through a customisable single screen layout with quick access to personal phrases, word and sentence prediction and other effort-saving features. Free voices in 18 languages are included to enable natural-sounding communication.
“Proloquo4Text is a very intuitive Text to Speech app that puts the user in control. Next generation word and sentence prediction immediately make this app stand out. Powerful communication tools can be used to compose messages in record time. Another excellent, full featured AAC app from AssistiveWare which will be backed up with their usual incredible technical support.” - Jane Farrall, Consulting Speech Pathologist
Proloquo4Text’s unique features make it the premier Augmentative and Alternative Communication solution for literate children, teenagers and adults, diagnosed with autism, cerebral palsy, developmental disabilities, apraxia, MND, laryngectomy, stroke, or traumatic brain injury.
Communicate with ease
• Speak using single screen access to words, phrases and keyboard
• Create, save and organise commonly used phrases
• Switch between conversations easily
• Show what you typed with the fullscreen view and flip text features
• Reduce typing with advanced, self-learning PolyPredix™ word prediction
• Type once and say it again with history and sentence prediction
• Decide when you speak with play, pause and speak as you type
• Optimised for Switch Control and VoiceOver
• Enhance visual feedback with optional sentence or word highlighting
• Communicate without an Internet connection
Customise to your needs
• Individualise the screen layout to match your communication style
• Configure prediction, abbreviation expansion and privacy settings
• Adjust appearance (font, colour, text size) to your needs
Choose your voice
• Download free natural-sounding Acapela voices within Proloquo4Text
• Use a my-own-voice Text to Speech voice
• Add character and humour to your conversations with free specialty voices
Speak your language
• Pick from over 100 voices in 18 languages: Arabic, English (US, UK, Australia), Spanish (Spain and North America), French (France and Canada), German, Greek, Dutch (Netherlands and Belgium), Norwegian, Swedish, Danish, Italian, Turkish, Catalan, Czech, Finnish, Polish, Portuguese (Portugal and Brazil) and Russian
• Choose English, Spanish, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Swedish, Danish and Norwegian as your user interface language
• Switch languages on the fly
Support for Apple Watch
• Use the Apple Watch folder on Proloquo4Text to create a list of commonly used phrases
• Scroll through phrases and tap to show them fullscreen or speak out loud
• Customise the contents shown on the Watch using Proloquo4Text on your iPhone
Share your world
• Send email, messages, and tweets from Proloquo4Text
• Write in Proloquo4Text and copy your text into another app
• Listen to text by pasting into Proloquo4Text
Take your voice anywhere
• Use Proloquo4Text on your iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch
• Have a smooth transition when switching devices, thanks to Proloquo4Text’s consistent navigation on iPhone and iPad
• Use multitasking functionality to run another app side-by-side on supported devices
AssistiveWare® is the developer of Proloquo2Go®, an award-winning symbol-based communication app that provides a voice to over 150,000 individuals around the world.
Read more at www.assistiveware.com/proloquo4text
Educational institutions can get a 50% discount if they purchase 20 or more licenses through Apple’s Volume Purchase Program for Education.
This version introduces bug fixes, including solving issues with the Auto Detect Language feature.
Thanks for using our app!
Ratings and Reviews
has mjor flaws.
its $100 dollar being 1, i mean were jst beneficiares right!
anywy, u can assign abbreviatns to phrases right? but once u hv u cnt use again even if phrse deltd. cn u say boo boo?
my 2nd gripe while its on iph app, it not on ipad, n thts a bell. necessary to pronounce yur bout to say sthng so they cn pay attn.
else its always, "what? say again."
ive gottn round this by proceedng with name an a pause btw.
lastly not being able to zoom in (pinch) on txtpad for individuals sight minor issue. often jst let thm read it c.
- AssistiveWare B.V.
- 549.9 MB
Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2013-2019 AssistiveWare
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.