Pepperplate is the only app for serious cooks - it has all the tools you need to cook weeknight dinners or host a dinner party for 12. Manage your recipes, create menus, shop with ease and cook like a pro.
* Seamlessly manage your recipes, menus and shopping lists on the web, iPad and iPhone.
* Take your iPhone or iPad into the kitchen and cook your whole menu with multiple cooking timers.
* Create recipes on the iPad and iPhone or make changes to existing recipes.
* Share your favorite recipes with friends and family via Email, Facebook and Twitter.
* Import recipes from your favorite sites and add your own from cookbooks, magazines or old family recipes.
* Combine recipes into menus for dinner parties or holiday meal planning.
* Organize your meals for the week or month by adding menus and recipes to the schedule.
* Add to your shopping list and it automatically syncs to your iPad, iPhone, iPod and Pepperplate.com.
* Organize your shopping to automatically match the way you shop in the grocery store.
* Create your own unlimited categories to organize your recipe collection.
* Your collection synchronizes from the website to the iPad and iPhone and is backed up without connecting to a computer.
* Take your entire collection with you to the grocery store or while traveling, no internet connection required.
* Manage your cooking timers over wifi away from the kitchen on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch.
* Login with Facebook or your free Pepperplate account
Import recipes directly from the browser on your iPhone or iPad
Facebook login improvements
Support for iOS 9
Ratings and Reviews
Very nice app, has potential to be fantastic and deserving of 5 stars with some alterations. Some immediate changes for me are the need to alter the shopping list groups. Having access to the groups would also make it easier to add other non recipe items to the shopping list as currently you have to assign category groups to items. It would be nicer to add recipes to the planner by being able to see all the recipes rather than entering them by text search. When you add text to the planner you then can't delete it which is frustrating. The UI for adding recipes is perfect, love the ability to import recipes via URL. Hope this feedback will be considered in any further updates.
Nice enough app, nice idea but it only lets you bring recipes in from specific sites, which is really limited. Plus, no photos of the recipes. ;-(
This app is great at helping you plan ahead. Once you have added recipes life gets easier and easier to sort out, food wise that is.
If you need to stick to a budget you can tailor the meals accordingly. If you need you other half to pick something up, no problem as the app can be on their phone and synchronised so they have the same list.
Don't use the same recipe websites, no problem just manually cut and paste or create you own recipe.
The only downfall I have found with this is in the shopping list. Would be great if you could add items that you don't cook with e.g. Cleaning products, pet food, hygiene products. I tried to do this with the + and ADD parts on iPhone and iPad but it disappears once you exit the app and doesn't sync.
If they remedied this I would be screaming from the rooftops for everyone to get this app.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.