Ripple NZ (New Zealand) has been designed to Connect, Empower and Inspire cancer patients, carers, whanau and communities. Ripple is self-serve app that offers a mobile, 24/7 cancer support service. Engaging within the app is patient to patient, carer to carer, user to user. Anyone touched by cancer can share their experiences. Ripple focuses on forums. Often cancer support services are patient centric, but Ripple serves to support anyone impacted and touched by cancer. Cancer not only impacts the person going through treatment, but has a ripple effect on family, friends, workplaces and the wider community as well. Ripple brings these people together in a user-friendly, easily accessible way - a network, a platform where people can connect 24/7.
• Forums are the heart of Ripple. Patient to patient, carer to carer, user to user. The biggest untapped resource are those impacted by cancer. Our forums are ordered by cancer type and topic. They range from treatment to nutrition, life after cancer, side effects, mental wellbeing, survivorship, family and relationships and much more. Users can engage, share, post photos and reply to comments. The forum topics will grow organically as users engage and create content.
• Monitor your daily wellbeing. Whether you are a patient, survivor or caregiver you can track how you are feeling. You have the ability to tag your daily activities and keep a diary log for future reference. Your wellbeing is tracked to show changes and trends over time.
• Our resource library is full of worthwhile information and will continually expand as articles and resources are released. If you see something that needs to be in the library, get in touch.
• You will be connected with other key cancer organisations and charities in New Zealand. We aim to break down barriers and connect you with who can provide support.
• You have the ability to private message other users. Sometimes questions are sensitive or personal and you may want to talk privately. Connection from Kaitaia to Bluff is what we want. Group messaging will also allow local groups to communicate and meet easier.
• Keep track of local and national events. From local half marathons to Relay for Life and cancer support events. The one-stop-shop for any cancer related events.
• Feature stories that focus on resilience, survivorship, life after cancer and much more. Power and hope to the people through connection, empowerment and inspiration.
Cancer has a ripple effect on society. Likewise, community resilience and the support generated, can yield a powerful ripple effect. New Zealanders will now have the ability to help each other, band together and share resources, experiences and knowledge to enrich our community.
"Just as ripples spread out when a single pebble is dropped into water, so the actions of individuals can have far-reaching effects." Dalai Lama
Developed by the Cancer Society of New Zealand, Taranaki Centre.
Introduction of push notifications for updates to the users forum posts, comments and private messaging.
Improvements to both messaging and notification item display, offering swipe delete and view of conversations.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Cancer Society of New Zealand Taranaki Centre Inc.
- 69.7 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © Cancer Society of New Zealand, Taranaki Centre. 2019
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.