ShutterSnitch is subscription based. With a subscription you get access to all features and updates. The first week is *free* so you can verify that things work with your specific camera or wi-fi card.
Wirelessly transfer images to your iPad from your Eye-Fi, Transcend Wi-Fi, Toshiba FlashAir, PQI Air, or ez Share card, GoPro HERO, Fujifilm cameras with built-in Wi-Fi, PTP/IP enabled device (such as the Nikon WU / D750 / Z7 or Canon EOS 5D Mark IV / 6D / 70D / M3 / EOS R) or a Canon, Nikon or other filetransmitter that supports uploading to an FTP server over your wireless network.
When a JPEG arrives, ShutterSnitch analyzes shutter speed, aperture, ISO, focal length, and light level and warns you if anything differs from the rules you've set up.
You now have a large preview screen that you can browse, pinch, zoom, and evaluate seconds after snapping your picture.
In a studio environment it's now easy to share shoots with crew and models. More fun and less juggling cards, adapters, and cables!
Please note: A large part of the magic of the wireless delivery lies in the setup of the devices outside of the ShutterSnitch app. For older FTP systems, be prepared to spend more than just a couple of minutes on this initial setup.
• Works with iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch running iOS 9 or higher.
• Full Retina & Retina HD display support.
• Crop, straighten, and adjust colors in the sRGB color space (temperature & tint, exposure, contrast, highlights, shadows, whites, blacks, clarity, vibrance, and saturation). All edits are non-destructive, so you can always fine-tune or revert to the original photo.
• Advanced metadata editing with presets and Code Replace.
• Slideshow function with Ken Burns effect.
• Arrange your shoots in albums.
• Lock private albums.
• Resize and/or watermark photos before sharing them via e-mail, Dropbox, Flickr, FTP, Google Drive, SmugMug, WebDAV, or Zenfolio.
• Large scale histograms (RGB,R,G,B).
• Visible and/or audible warnings.
• Map integration. Geo-tag JPEG photos automatically or manually.
• Highlight warnings.
• Add a caption and byline to the photos by tapping and holding the currently displayed full image.
• Custom username, password, and port for the built-in FTP and WebDAV servers.
• Receive files directly from one or more Eye-Fi cards.
• Receive photos from your GoPro HERO, Transcend Wi-Fi, Toshiba FlashAir, PQI Air, or ez Share card/adapter as you shoot them or import files from the card manually. *Note for GoPro cameras in burst or time-laps mode*: Photos can only be retrieved once the camera exits the mode.
• Supports receiving and importing photos via PTP/IP. For example from Nikon WU transmitters, D750 / D850 / Z7 and Canon EOS 5D Mark IV / 6D / 70D / M3 / EOS R.
• Supports receiving photos from Panasonic cameras that work with their LUMIX LINK app such as the GH3 and GH4. (Not the "Image App", so DMC-G7 is not supported.)
• Supports Sony A7 and NEX cameras.
• Supports Fujifilm cameras with built-in Wi-Fi such as X100T, X-M1, and X-T2.
• Supports Canon PowerShot G16 and other Canon cameras that work with their CameraWindow app.
• AirDrop export.
• Bonjour support for easy discovery in your Bonjour enabled applications.
ShutterSnitch can also be used as a regular image browser if you simply transfer the pictures from your computer through an FTP client.
Subscription payments ($2.99 monthly or $29.99 yearly) are charged through your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase and are auto-renewed. The account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Renewal can be turned off 24-hours before the end of the current period in your Account Settings in the App Store. Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when a subscription is purchased.
• Added options to change the format of date and time in the Change Filename action.
• Minor fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
The Missing Link
I’ve been using ShutterSnitch for years and it’s been superb. Now that most cameras include WiFi there’s no need to tether with a cable or use WiFi enabled SD cards - ShutterSnitch offers a rock solid method to have full-screen image previews pop up on an iPad or iPhone. This app is the missing link to shooting professionally in a wireless environment. Having a preview image that can be zoomed in on to check details and then easily shared by Airdrop or email is fantastic.
I shoot with RAW plus medium sized jpegs & have the jpegs sent to an iPad - quick & efficient.
Brilliant app as far as it goes but it’s way past time it offered some form of sharpening tool.
With the monthly subscription meaning it’s increasingly expensive it needs to have what is essentially a must-have tool.
I’ve been asking this question on the support forums and have had no response hence this review in an attempt to get one.
This is an awesome app!!! My clients love being able to view the shoot as it happens. Far better than the default app that comes with EyeFi or Transcend. The most expensive app I have bought and the BEST VALUE FOR MONEY too. If you want quality you can,t go past this for your WiFi SD card. (and no Shuttersnitch hasn't paid me for this rating :-). :-(
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Brian Gerfort
- 37 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires a Mac with Apple M1 chip and macOS 11.0 or later.
English, Danish, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2021 2ndNature
- In-App Purchases
- All Features & Updates $5.49
- Image Adjustments $14.99
- tip $4.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.