SOLO Hexagons is a strategy for enhancing higher order thinking and systems thinking.
Generate content (ideas and images) on the hexagons. Make links between the hexagons, annotating any links with reasons. Extend your thinking by making generalisations about the BIG IDEA in the clusters of hexagons.
Challenging others to extend their thinking is easy and fun! Simply share your hexagons, and challenge others to make connections and extend your ideas. Invite others to generate hexagons for you to connect and extend.
Use SOLO hexagons as a strategy to determine prior knowledge, scaffold student writing, conduct formative assessment, revise and or extend student thinking
SOLO Taxonomy - a model of learning.
- prestructural outcome – the learner has no relevant ideas on the hexagons
- unistructural outcome – the learner has one relevant idea on a hexagon – surface thinking
- multistructural outcome – the learner has many relevant ideas on the hexagons – surface thinking
- relational outcome – the learner has linked or related ideas on the hexagons – deep thinking
- extended abstract outcome – the learner has extended ideas about the clusters of hexagons – big picture conceptual thinking
Can now export maps as images.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
So easy and quick to use
The developer, Hook Education Ltd, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Hook Education Ltd
- 24.6 MB
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires a Mac with Apple M1 chip and macOS 11 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Hook Education Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.