St John is the leading provider of first aid training in New Zealand as well providing ambulance services to 90% of the population. Our app teaches the life-saving skills of cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (commonly known as CPR) and shows you how to use an AED (automated external defibrillator). Knowing how to save the life of a family member, friend or colleague is vital - you never know when you might need to and this app is completely FREE.
- Adult, Child and Infant CPR and AED tutorials with audio prompts
- CPR and AED training videos from Dr Tony Smith, Medical Director at St John New Zealand
- Maori and Simplified Chinese translations
- Beeping and vibrating CPR Timing Assist to help you with consistent chest compressions
- Set up your own emergency services phone number – useful when travelling abroad (iPhone only)
The app is compatible with any device running iOS 7 and above.
- Apple watch support
- Infant CPR contents updated
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Basic app with little innovation
While good to see St Johns putting official info / instruction in the iPhone app space; there is little innovation recognizing the power of the smartphone platform. They would do well to look at some of the other first aid apps that use video / audio / ebooks that provide complete first aid instruction. Even Jamie Oliver has a 100mb+ app and that's for cooking. I hope we have a single NZ wide app, not 1 for CPR, 1 for bandages, 1 for poisons, etc.
Great to see a New Zealand first aid app, but it's very basic. App just has a basic slideshow arrangement for the steps of CPR and the ol' 30 compressions / 2 breaths. And a button to call an emergency number. That's it. No timing for babies/kids, no info on how far to compress / how much rescue breath to use, no info on how to handle different hazards at the scene. No instructions on how to handle other situations like fits/bleeding/choking.
Great and very useful
Fantastic App, I like it cause you'll never know that you could be in a situation where you would have to help with saving someone's life. An easy and simple
Way of having a
understanding of CPR. I like the timer as well 👍
- The Priory in New Zealand of the Most Venerable Order of The Hospital of St John of Jerusalem
- 122.3 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 7.0 and watchOS 2.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Marathi, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © Order of St John
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.