Build and command your own starship, hire your crew, and explore the universe, and defend against alien civilizations!
4.5/5 - Maclife
“...equal parts challenging and clever, making it a must-play for sci-fi strategy fans.”
4.5/5 - TouchArcade
“Should you dive in immediately? Absolutely.”
4/5 - Appspy
“If you're looking for a strategy title on the iOS that will keep you on your toes, Star Command should more than suffice.”
• Universal App - iPad and iPhone included
• Premium game - no in app purchase roadblocks
• HD support for retina pixel goodness
• Level your crew members up and earn new skills
• Build a ship in your own image!
• Four distinct ship hulls to choose from
• Focus on tactical, science or engineering
• Amazing soundtrack intensifies the action and exploration
• Over 10 alien species to discover
Brought to you in beautiful HD pixelated glory, Star Command brings to life the challenges and joys of managing a starship. Upgrade your ship, get out into the unknown and watch your crew die grizzly deaths all at your command. Strange and annoying alien civilizations await you at every turn. Manage each of your ships roles, focusing on science skills, tactical combat and ship engineering. Prevent alien invaders from taking over your ship and causing massive amounts of damage with sentry guns. Revive dying crew members with new rooms! And don’t forget that your decisions matter - an enemy made early could come back to haunt you later.
- Fixes for bugs introduced in 1.2.7
- Fixed an infrequent crash that occurs when exiting weapon minigame.
Issues? starcommandhelp [at] gmail
Ratings and Reviews
This is a good game
The game may be great if you can buy ships and make a fleet
The game has potential. But when playing, it clearly is extremely unfinished which us disappointing because this game was in development for years. Also the devs are about the laziest Ive seen, their webpages filled with irrelevant advertising and very little information about the game. They also abandoned the game after one very small update and very little progress, after promising a whole bunch of features which were never seen.
So much better than the usual paper thin iOS games. A game with real depth and really exciting. Shame it is mainly just battles, with no real exploring or anything, but still a lot of fun. Pretty hard though and the tutorials are pretty lacking - lots of stuff (how to fire weapons, how to set special moves, how to get weapon tokens etc) you just have to work out by yourself, usually by trial and error. But if you want a fun challenging space exploration game on your iPad (I wouldn't recommend on iPhone tbh), you won't get much better than this!
- Star Command, LLC
- 116 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- © Warballoon, LLC
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.