Voted #1 Medical Conditions app category by top doctors (HealthTap survey).
The doctor's rated the Stroke Riskometer app 4.5/5 - https://www.healthtap.com/apps/38635
Eight out of 10 strokes are preventable – is yours?
The Stroke Riskometer is a unique and easy to use tool for assessing your individual stroke related risk. The Stroke Riskometer is able to calculate your risk through evaluating a series of risk factors such as age, gender, ethnicity, lifestyle and other health factors that directly influence your likelihood of a stroke. It has been designed as a new weapon to help individuals and health professionals reduce the risk and incidence of stroke.
You can also elect to join an international research study, RiBURST, where you can submit your data to help us better understand stroke, its risk factors and develop global prevention strategies.
- Endorsed by the World Stroke Organization, the world’s leading organization in the fight against stroke, the World Federation of Neurology and the International Association of Neurology and Epidemiology.
- Quickly assess your risk of stroke over the next 5 to 10 years.
- Assess quarterly, half yearly or yearly to monitor your risk of stroke.
- For people who what to manage their health, at-risk individuals and for post-stroke individuals.
- For ages 20 to 90+ years old.
- Learn about four key signs of stroke – F.A.S.T.
- Join RiBURST study
Upgrade to Stroke Riskometer PRO for personalized management advice, save and track results, view experts’ advice videos, email your results to the person of your choice
Stroke is the second leading cause of death of people over 60 and the fifth leading cause of death in people aged 15 - 59.In adults, stroke is one of the leading cause of long-term disability irrespective of sex, ethnicity or location.
Sixteen million people a year experience a stroke. One in six people experience a stroke in their lifetime and someone dies of a stroke every six seconds.
Stroke can occur at any age and at any time.
“The great advantage of the Stroke Riskometer is that it allows a person to calculate their risk of stroke within the next 5-10 years. Armed with this information, an individual can take action, with the help of their doctor, to reduce their risk of having a stroke or a heart attack. Stroke is much easier to prevent than treat. As one of my patients stated, the best stroke is the stroke you never had!” Prof. Stephen Davis, President, World Stroke Organization.
Stroke Riskometer is the brainchild of Professor Valery Feigin, from AUT’s National Institute for Stroke and Applied Neurosciences, to reduce the incidences of stroke and save lives all over the world. It was brought to market by AUT Enterprises Ltd – the technology transfer office of AUT – a University based in New Zealand.
Ratings and Reviews
It is great - easy to use, not too long, and very useful in the information it provides
Very easy to use and medically accurate- based on world class research
Handy app for diagnosing stroke risk factors. Could do with a few more features, but nice work!!!
- AUT Enterprises Ltd
- 77.9 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco or Drug Use or References
- © AUT Enterprises Ltd of AUT University
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.