"Its high-octane play married with its no-frills, arcade game design keeps me collecting crates and blasting enemies into delightful little pieces of monster." — TouchArcade (5/5)
Vlambeer's smash hit SUPER CRATE BOX brings back the glory of the golden arcade age when all that really mattered was getting on that high score list! Grab your baseball cap and loosen your pants, it's time to fight endless hordes of enemies and collect every weapon crate you can. Prepare for an arcade delight with tight controls, refreshing game mechanics, cracking retro art and a terribly hip chiptune soundtrack.
***Supports MFi, XBox, and PlayStation Controllers***
"Supremely straightforward, criminally addictive, and easily the best retro action title I’ve ever played on iOS." - AppAdvice
You're put into a combat arena with only a basic weapon and a clear goal: collect as many crates as you possibly can. The enemies will start coming soon, and they won't ever stop. A steady supply of new weapons will be provided by the crates, but you can only hold one weapon at a time. Will the next weapon you find be better than the one you have, or worse? You may want to ride it out a little longer with a weapon you like, but your score won't move if you don't grab those crates. Super Crate Box seems like a straightforward action game, but having to adapt to your ever-changing offensive abilities means no two rounds are ever quite the same.
As you collect more crates round after round, you'll unlock new weapons that will have a chance of appearing from then on. Do particularly well in a single round, and you might unlock a new character, arena, or gameplay mode. Each new thing you uncover adds another layer to the game, creating fresh challenges and situations. The enemies continue to get stronger and faster the longer you play, so even the best player will eventually meet their end. How many crates can you claim before then?
- Endless Action: You'll never run out of enemies to blast!
- Crates Are Great: Grab a crate to get a different weapon and wreak havoc in new ways!
- Unlock Cool New Stuff: New weapons! New characters! New stages!
- Wacky Weapons: More than a dozen different ways of dealing destruction including rocket launchers, katanas, land mines, and more!
- Ambush Mode: Normal Mode not random enough for you? How about randomly appearing enemies?
Super Crate Box - GameClub is playable for free, with some sections and features available only to subscribers of GameClub Pro, an optional auto-renewing monthly subscription which also removes ads. Besides the GameClub Pro subscription, there are no other in-app purchases in this game.
If you choose to purchase the optional subscription:
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. No charge will be made for the free trial period.
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
- Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior of the current period, at the cost indicated.
- You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your App Store account settings after purchase.
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
Thanks for playing this GameClub game! GameClub offers a curated catalog of iconic games, with new titles released every week. Subscribers get access to unlimited gameplay, no ads, and no additional purchases — just pure fun.
This update contains bug fixes and performance improvements. Let’s play!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
iOS 8 broke sfx
I love Vlambeer games, and SCB is one of my favourite, however ever since I updated to iOS 8, there are no sfx in the game. The music still plays but the sounds are gone entirely.
There's also a minor screen rotation bug.
In desperate need of an update - not Vlambeers fault, but it needs to be sorted.
Still no iPhone 5 Support
Please fix this Vlambeer. It's a great game but I find it extremely difficult to control on the smaller screen with the new iPhone dimensions.
I love this game and hope you are able to fix the screen so I can get back to playing it. Will update my review once it's fixed. Thanks :)
Love it, but...
Got the IOS version after playing the freeware version for the computer. I must say, it's a very good port, looks nice ect, but there needs to be more extra IOS content to justify paying for it. Also, the left and right controls are insanely hard to press, but apart from that, it's still the same great, addicting computer game. One that I have a love/hate relationship with at the moment...
- GameClub Inc.
- 77.3 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2010 Vlambeer
- In-App Purchases
- GameClub Monthly Subscription $8.99
- GameClub Unlimited $8.99
- GameClub Unlimited $8.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.