Tempo is the bestselling and most accurate metronome on the App Store. Featured as "New and Noteworthy" and "Staff Favorite" by Apple on the main iTunes landing page. If you'll like to try Tempo out before purchasing, download Tempo Lite for free now.
Ever since its release, Tempo has been consistently in the top 100 of the Music category in over 30 countries, and the top paid metronome app in most countries. Tempo's engine is written from the ground up for high accuracy and stability. It keeps going even in device lock mode, making it a useful aid for live drumming.
Tempo features an innovative interface that morphs between modes that each presents a different combination of functionalities optimized for the task at hand. Five modes are available on the iPhone: Basic, Preset, Setlist, Practice and Gig. On the iPad, Preset, Gig and Complete modes are available, the last providing access to all controls.
Visit www.frozenape.com for demo videos.
• 35 different time signatures, including compound and complex meters: 1-13/2, 1-13/4, 3/8, 5/8(2 variations), 6/8, 7/8(3 variations), 9/8, 12/8
• 6 rhythm patterns for simple meters and 3 for compound meters
• Customize accents or turn beats off to create more complex rhythms
• Tap tempo function
• Tempo ranges from 10 to 800
• Visual feedback in the form of pulsating LEDs
• Two pendulum types, each with two animation types
• Flash whole screen
• Fullscreen display mode with gesture controls
• Store presets in multiple setlists
• Advanced setlist management including search, overwriting, copying between setlists and multi-deletion
• Quick editing
• Share setlists via email
• Backup via iTunes File Sharing
Tracker and Automator
• Track number of bars played or time your practice
• Coach Mode alternates between unmuted and muted bars
• Stop playback automatically when limit reached
• Up to 2 bars of voice count in
• Automatic adjustment of tempo every n number of bars or n amount of time
• Loop and auto advance through setlists
• Choose from 14 sound sets, including one optimized for live drumming click tracks
• Voice counting
• Vibration mode
• Pan audio left, right or centered
• Volume control and mute button
• Control setlists, tempo and playback with AirTurn, iRig BlueBoard, PageFlip Cicada, headphones remote and other accessories
• Assign action to proximity sensor trigger
• Classical metronome and Italian tempo markings
• Pitch pipe for playback of all 12 chromatic pitches (calibration from A = 414 to 466 Hz)
• Multi-tasking support: plays in background, with audio from other apps
• Four color themes
• Theme Editor to create unlimited custom themes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A Beautiful Nome
This is a beautiful metronome app. I’ve been using it consistently for ten years now. The UI is really nicely laid out. The functions are all there. There are all the subdivisions I want. The wood-block clock has no pitch to mess with my pitch recognition, it just keeps time in a percussive way. I can switch beats or subdivisions on or off as I want to.
It even has a tuner, and you can use the tuner as a drone tone. (The tones are a little piercing to do this for long - product manager reading this, some gentler tuner tones to use as drones would be another killer feature.).
This is my go-to practice tool.
Works well with an iPad pro
In my musical endeavors, bluegrass mandolin, BPM is critical to progress in the genre. Before this app, I had to manually record the tempos I was playing hot and cleanly on. Then I had to set these up in various metronome apps every practice session.
The song list which recalls the tempos is the big innovation here. brilliant. Also very cool is when I get confused with doubling up the notes as in bluegrass 120 is not 120 at all but rather 240. Having the option to play the double beat, ie every note you ought to be playing gets a beat from your metronome is great when your learning. A busy sound, but the way to learn.
Graphics cool, great stuff.
Lloyd Wheeler, bluegrass Mando player, a kiwi from New Zealand.
- Frozen Ape Pte. Ltd.
- 28.6 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 and watchOS 2.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2009-2019 Frozen Ape Pte. Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Theme Pack $1.69
- Theme Editor $1.69
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.