Endless viewing is at your fingertips! TVNZ OnDemand is your platform to watch whatever your heart desires: local and international dramas, documentaries, sci-fi, your all-time favourites, kids, live TVNZ 1, 2, DUKE …and everything in between.
- AVAILABLE ANYTIME, ANYWHERE. Watch on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, or stream via Chromecast built into the app.
- EXPRESS FROM THE WORLD. Avoid spoilers by watching shows on TVNZ OnDemand at the same time they air overseas.
- NEW EPISODE ALERTS. Be the first to know when new episodes of your favourite shows drop with push notifications.
- LIVE TELEVISION. Watch TVNZ 1, 2 and DUKE at the same time as other Kiwis with OnDemand live streaming.
- PERSONALISED PROFILES. Continue watching where you left off, create your own favourites list and keep kids' content separate with up to five personalised profiles per account.
- NEW CHANNELS STREAMING NOW: from documentaries to drama to international cinema.
- HEIHEI IS HERE: local, quality entertainment for Kiwi kids.
For more info about TVNZ OnDemand, visit tvnz.co.nz
Please note: This app features Nielsen’s proprietary measurement software which allows you to contribute to market research. Learn more here - http://priv-policy.imrworldwide.com/priv/mobile/nz/en/optout.html
- Bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Just stops during “ad breaks”
Having recently purchased an Apple TV, I was excited to see this app was available as there are some shows I like which are only available through this app (tablet and phone screens are too small for me). Since day 1, it’s been incredibly frustrating to watch anything through this app. Often the ‘ads’ at the beginning of the show freeze or stutter, eventually playing and getting to the show. But the infuriating part is the ‘ad break’ in the middle of the show - never ever plays and just stops working. There’s no way to skip the ad, the only option is to close the app and go back to the show and resume watching the episode which again sometimes doesn’t start due to it starting from the ‘ad break’. Incredibly disappointing from a company such as TVNZ, especially as streaming services are becoming more commonplace. I’ll be deleting the app once I manage to actually watch the show I want - if the app allows me.
This app may be prettier than the other, but I don't like the format as I can't find anything. I don't like the scrolling across, it is nicer to scroll down with everything in a grid. I don't like that it doesn't have the recent, so I have to load all my favourites and check each one to see if a new episode is available. Also when I am watching something, the screen goes blank when ads are supposed to be playing and I can't even get out of the ap and have to reboot my ipad. Then when it continues I get a heap of ads. Bring the old one back. At least it works, and you don't have to register. Why make us register. So that you can bombard our email address with more junk? I wrote the above review a while back now, but all the bad stuff is still happening. So much for being able to stop part way through a show and come back. If you do that you end up with a black screen, and have to reboot your device.
Continuing to review ad they upgrade, but still not great as it still keeps stopping. If you are watching a show and leave and and the iPad closes, when you come back the screen is black and it is really hard to get back. You have to reboot your iPad. Please fix this been happening ever si de it started
Good shows everything else disappointing
Love the selection of shows but this app was really poorly created. Having ads is fine but sometimes the show will stop after an ad and I have to close the app then reopen and once I do I have to watch the same adds all over again. Sometimes the ads just repeat 4 or 5 times (the exact same ad) before the show starts again. If I close the app even for a short amount of time, I can’t just pick up where I left off I have to try find where I was and then again watch ads I have already watched. Everytime I finish an episode I can’t just go to the next one I have to go out, scroll through all the episodes again and look for where I was up to. There is an option for “next episode now” as the credits start to roll but everytime I have selected it theres an error and I need to close the app and start again. So many flaws on this app it’s ridiculous. The app doesn’t save where I last left off (timewise or episode) it has a “continue watching” part but it’s not the last episode I watched or where I left off.
- Television New Zealand Limited
- 128 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © Television New Zealand Limited
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.